Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • bit of a random one… Mac file encryption software
  • willard

Just putting my paranoid hat one for a second… There. Done it.

Ok, so say for the sake of argument that I wanted to encrypt files on a Mac to prevent them being immediately available to the casual onlooker (no, not that sort of files. dirty sods) what options are available to me?

I saw the Truecrypt is available to the Mac user, and I have used PGP in the past on Windows machines, but what are other people using?

damo2576
    Free Member

If just to stop casual viewing store in password protected zip?

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Password Pad from the App store? if it’s just text you can set an access password for it. (Free)

willard

passwords are so last year! I was thinking of something slightly more… robust.

NZCol

Truecrypt works well for me, either volumes which you put stuff into or the whole shooting match. Depends on the seriousness of the filthy videos you are saving.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Just make a password protected encrypted disk image with Disk Utility if I remember correctly. No third party apps needed.

allthegear
    Free Member

Tracker has it right.

Rachel

Sandwich

Truecrypt if you need to have plausible deniability under whatever the act of parliament is. You can then encrypt and hide a disc image inside an encrypted image. You need only disclose the first access key to avoid a long time in the clink for contempt.
    You haven’t seen me right?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Truecrypt+1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘bit of a random one… Mac file encryption software’ is closed to new replies.