Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Birds nest in a flat roof!
  • handyman153
    Free Member

Morning STW,
    I have decided to call upon your wisdom this morning!

Long story short, i have got a flat roof above my bedroom, which has no access from the loft, and no access from the outside.
    Inside this roof, pretty much exactly above my head is a birds nest which has just hatched. So at around 5:30 am every bl**dy morning they start tweeting, very very loudly!
    In a normal situation i would get up there and move the nest, but i can’t.

Anybody got any idea’s? I don’t really wan’t to wake up at that time every morning.

Thanks in advance!
    Josh

wwaswas

earplugs.

It’s normally illegal to move the nests when there are young in there for a lot of species.

geoffj

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-ear-plugs

Or just get up and do something useful with the time.

brakes
    Free Member

baby robins?
    burn it.
    burn it all down.

paddy0091
    Free Member

all the chicks will die if you move them, as the mother will not return. Stick some ear plugs in.

bearnecessities

In a normal situation i would get up there and move the nest

Not looking to berate, but really? Would you?

I suggest sleeping in front room for the short period, or getting up at 5:30 and enjoying a nice relaxed breakfast 🙂

andytherocketeer

get swifts nesting in a void between rafters and bedroom wall. noisy screechy boogers they are. can’t do anything about them – just wait 2 months and they’ll be gone. might set up a webcam one day. beats sky rats or tree rats, any day.

annebr
    Free Member

2 months!!!??? They’ll probably fledge in a week or so and then will be out and about.

andytherocketeer

only turned up 10 days ago. My experience is they hang around for most of the spring, even after the new ones fledge.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Birds nest in a flat roof!’ is closed to new replies.