Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 319 total)
  • Famous people on STW?
  • Houns

I’ve played golf with

Houns

And as Johnny Depp is mentioned above. Last month I was sat very close to him in a quiet Dorset country pub having dinner

molgrips
    Free Member

I think there are some famous people on here that do keep schtum.

As for people sat near in pubs – Craig Charles, and the Levellers, not in the same pub at the same time though.

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve played snooker with Jimmy White, Andy Gray and Willie Thorne. WT opened a new snooker hall in Malvern many years ago and I was picked at random* to play him..
    When I was introduced to the crowd it was something like “6 times world champion, 3 times masters champion, 6 times UK champion…ladies and gentlemen….Steve Davis”…
    My name is Steve Davies..and I was 14 at the time

I’ve met Her Maj and was on Central news as an RAF cadet when there was a big Spitfire dig locally (marching down the road and standing to attention when the commemorative plaque was unveiled)

I’ve served Robert Plant and Nigel Kennedy drinks in The Morgan pub.

*might have had something to do with the fact that I worked there 😯

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Now this is amazing, makes me a minor celeb by association and me and him mates…

I was once retweeted by Ewan McGregor.

fasthaggis

I touched a famous person once .

IHN

I sat on the next table to Sue Barker at the Applecross Inn and then, whilst having my one and only ever riding lesson near Broadway, she drove past in her car. I think she’s stalking me.

I served World Cup winning ginger squeaky-voiced Alan Ball (RIP) many a time in the Moss Rose pub in Alderley Edge. He drank Carling top, and occasionally a Jamesons.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I was on Crime Watch last night….

karnali
    Free Member

ha a a boy i played football with kevin keegan, terry mcdermot, chris waddle peter beardsley and the rest of the newcastle team, was acompetition along with about 50 others. then went on in teens to play golf with terry mcdermot at a charity do, gazza was in the group infront wildy swing the club in the general direction of the ball, i remember it being a very funny day.

Markie
    Free Member

I recently learned that at some point in the dim and distant past my wife was courted by Steve Winwood.

aa
    Free Member

In no particular order….
    Have played football with Frank Worthington.
    Opened for Gil Scott Heron twice.
    Met Fat Boy Slim.
    Chatted with Mick Talbot backstage at a gig.
    Had dinner with Damon Hill.
    Met Billy Connolly at Mardi Gras.
    Bumped into Jamie Baulch and Darren Campbell at a triathlon in Sydney.
    Rapped with Mc Solaar, ultramagnetic mc’s, K Creative, and a bunch of other people.
    Am mate’s with a bloke called Blade who’s fairly famous in tne uk hiphop scene.

None of ’em post on here though.

zippykona

Minor league. Why do you ask?

Mr Woppit is a true superstar and we are not worthy!

stick_man

I once carried Jack Nicholson’s sports jacket for him hile working at Wimbledon. How I failed to make the big time I’ll never know.

BigJohn

IHN – Member

I served World Cup winning ginger squeaky-voiced Alan Ball (RIP) many a time in the Moss Rose pub in Alderley Edge.

He spoke very highly of you.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Met loads of A,B,C,D-list celebs through work too numerous to mention.
    I photographed Cherie Blair for an ad campaign last year which is a bit more interaction that serving her a drink in a pub 🙄

scotroutes

I’ve had dinner – and breakfast – with David Essex

bentandbroken

I fixed Donald Sutherlands Wi-Fi for him and he then shook my hand in a funny way resulting in a £20 note ‘appearing’ in my palm

molgrips
    Free Member

Mr Smith, I thought you only photographed Tesco Value cream cakes and stuff, I didn’t know you did people 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

Mr Smith, I thought you only photographed Tesco Value cream cakes and stuff, I didn’t know you did people

One thing’s for certain, what ever he photographs, he does it much better than everyone else 😆

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

i’ve kissed Floella Benjamin (sp??)

WackoAK
    Free Member

i’ve kissed Floella Benjamin (sp??)

Through the round window?

DavidB
    Free Member

I filmed with Iwan Thomas a week ago and am doing some more soon

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i politely asked jeremy kyle, to his face, to “get out of my way” this morning on my commute to work (my work is right next to granada studios and he was stood in the street with his ‘psychologist’ mate, right outside the entrance to our underground car/bike park).
    he called me a prick.
    ace.

turneround

ive been on:

eastenders
    Dr Who
    casualty
    waking the dead
    judge john deed
    silent witness
    etc etc

i was always third cooper on the left…..

MrSmith
    Free Member

I filmed with Iwan Thomas a week ago and am doing some more soon

His twitter is funny, especially when he goes out on the lash and then has to apolagise to his parents. 🙂

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Through the round window?

Thanks, WackoAK. Tea/keyboard interface scenario.

khani
    Free Member

Harold Shipman was my GP many years ago, and we briefly lived next door to the moors murderers when I was very young…
    I don’t think they came on here though..

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I once met a lost Arthur Scargill in the streets of Nottingham and deliberately gave him the wrong directions.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

we briefly lived next door to the moors murderers when I was very young…

holy ****….[shudders]

footflaps

My cousin once dated Clive James’ daughter – does that count as the most tenuous claim to fame on here?

mostlyharmless
    Free Member

My cousin works at a big London theatre. She almost introduced me to Jenny Agutter once.

Also, I shot the sheriff.

khani
    Free Member

On a happier note, I once shagged the violin player in Siouxie and the banshees in the Piccadilly Hotel in Manchester…
    Happy days.. 8)

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

I’ve met Kevin McCloud twice.

He remembered me the second time. I didn’t remember him 8)

brakes
    Free Member

I should be famous for stealing Shergar, but unfortunately no-one knows about it.

footflaps

Happy days..

Did she remember you the next day? 😉

khani
    Free Member

Who cares..
    I remember..

zokes
    Free Member

I should be famous for stealing Shergar, but unfortunately no-one knows about it.

You’ve not been watching the news recently, have you?

IHN

I’ve met Kevin McCloud twice

I sat on the next table to Kevin McCloud in a little cafe in Portree on Skye. He and (I assume) Mrs McCloud seemed to be having a bit of a tiff.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I met Lemmy in the St Moritz club in Soho nd tried to drink him under the table with the help of Jack Daniels, I woke up in a flat in Golders Green where a very ex girlfriend was upstairs in bed with Jason Newstead.

teasel
    Free Member

It’s clear that the tread title has, as usual, no bearing whatsoever on the content.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 319 total)

The topic ‘Famous people on STW?’ is closed to new replies.