Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bionicon Supershuttle sizing
  • Highlandlogger
    Free Member

Anyone any thoughts or comments…

I'm 5'11" and the M I tried yesterday seemed a little 'short', hoping to get a 'L' to demo next.

Cheers

ash

At your height you're gonna be right between a M and L

If you're going to be using the bike in big terrain (e.g. Scotland, Alps, etc) AND you want it to be flickable/manoevrable, I would personally go with the medium if you can get it to not be too cramped for the ups. …reason being that, once in descent mode, they are pretty long bikes.

When you tried the M Supershuttle and thought it was short, did you notice whether the handlebar was in its forward position, or how far back the saddle was on its rails?

I am 6'0.5" and have just got myself a Medium Bionicon Tesla. The Tesla is a touch longer than the Supershuttle though, cockpit-wise and size-for-size. It's comfortable but as small as I would want a bike to ever be for the climbs…but a lovely chuckable size for the downs.

Great bikes and great concept IMO.

Highlandlogger
    Free Member

Thanks Ash

It's all technical scottish riding (maybe Alps next year !!)

Yeah I put the bars right forward and the seat back. Measure was ca 53cm c to c seatpost to stem in mid setting 64cm seatpost to bars. It just felt kinda short ?

I'll try the L if poss and see.

I was actually waiting to see a Tesla, but didn't think they were in the Country yet. Bet it's a nice bike ? Worth the extra £ over a S Shuttle ?

ash

If the bars were right forward and seat right back, and it was still cramped then maybe a L would be the best bet afterall. Email me (sapaudia AT gmail DOT com) and I'll send you the 2010 catalogue which has all the geometries/dimensions in there. IIRC the L Supershuttle isn't that long in the wheelbase, it's the L Tesla which is because of the very slack HA in comparison to the Seatangle.

Here's the medium Tesla in DH mode anyway…
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-bike-2nd-attempt-due-to-1st-attempt-title-fail

Not as much of a DH beast as it looks. 30lb and climbs great in uphill mode.

sambob
    Free Member

i was on a large tesla on sunday and im 5'11" and a bit and that felt perfect in contradiction to ash. i think the bionicon sizing is 17.5 for a medium rather than 18, so a large will probably be the right size for you. but then again maybe not after what ash has said

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bionicon Supershuttle sizing’ is closed to new replies.