• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bionicon c.guide v0.2
  • STATO
    Free Member

Hi,

Has anyone seen/used one of these Bionicon chain guides? Anyone know a shop with stock?

Quite fancy one but cant find anywhere that sells them (particularly in Green).

Ta,
    Rich.

STATO
    Free Member

This is it incase you dont know what im on about…

Fresh-goods-friday-23

Mark

That one is on my bike at the moment. It’s had a couple of test rides so far and I’ve just not noticed it at all. That’s the functional bit. As for availability, we’ve not had more info on that yet.

STATO
    Free Member

Cheers mark, good to know its working as expected. Ive found one shop with it listed on their website, but not in green sadly. Might email them to check they do actually have stock.

IA

Is this not just a nu-skool DCD?

was
    Free Member

And the ging, also from circa 1998….still get them for 12.99 on CRC

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-sad-demise-of-the-dcd

This bionicon looks better than both though….

Mark

Yup, it’s not a new concept. Just been redesigned by Bionicon. It swivels and so stays aligned to the chain ring you are in and it’s got no axle. The chain just slides through the plastic ‘tube’. Seems to work well so far on my bike. But it’s been two rides only. How long it lasts is the question I hope to have an answer too since a chain is effectively constantly wearing into the plastic.
    But so far… a lot quieter than I was expecting and my chain hasn’t fallen off… after two rides.
    🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

Any more news on this ?

Longer term reviews and suppliers.

Looks good.

bol

Still no stock anywhere as far as I can tell.

dreednya

I’ve got one on my Mojo. Broke the first one, but quickly supplied with a new updated stronger part from Bionicon, which is still going. Works well, less chain slap and I have yet to lose the chain off the big ring after hammering down big lumpy descents 🙂

Entonox
    Free Member

I got mine from here

Ordered Tuesday arrived Friday.

alexpalacefan

Yeah, given mine it’s first proper outing, very impressed, didn’t drop a chain in a weeks riding in Snowdonia, less chain slap and I reckon it helped with chain-suck too.

APF

mlucas666
    Free Member

In stock here too.

continuity
    Free Member

Forty euros? Are you **** serious?

peanut
    Free Member

Can these also be used as chain-tensioners on ss setup?

alexpalacefan

Peanut, short answer, no.

APF

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Think I’ll try the cable tie version that was on here the other day. About £1.

DT78
    Free Member

Random, was looking at these this morning. I,m prob going to give one a go. Do you notice any drag when pedalling?

DT78
    Free Member

Arrived from bikediscount in 3 days, fitted to the nomad. Heading to cwmcarn and afan for the bank hol so should get a proper test. Will report back for those interested in trying one of these out.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bionicon c.guide v0.2’ is closed to new replies.