Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Biking Sierra Nevada
  • MissStumpjumper
    Free Member

Hi!

We're going MTB:ing in Sierra Nevada, Spain, this summer! It looks and sounds great: http://www.ridesierranevada.com/ Besides, Spain is a wonderful country to visit.

Anyone that has been biking there? What is it like? Are there any other places in the area or in Andalucia that offer good biking? Tips of where to stay and where to rent bikes?

//Maria 😀

nickjb
    Free Member

Its great. I went with seasonallyunadjusted who are friendly with good local knowledge. Lots of mixed trails; techy, singletrack, rocky, fire road. They had bikes available but I took my own.

MissStumpjumper
    Free Member

Thanks! I'll check that out.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

I think you will find that Jim at Seasonally etc. has ceased trading.

oxnop
    Free Member

Yep- booking this week again with Ciclo Montana for September. The conditions are perfect (IMO)- fast and technical.

You'll love it!

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

thoroughly recommend Ridesierranevada – Monachil is a great place to stay, Grenada is a short bus ride away and Sean is an excellent guide.

He only rented out hard tails last year, so you might want to take your own bike.

MissStumpjumper
    Free Member

Everyone seems to like it! Can't wait to get there. 😀

I ride a hard tail at home so that's what I'm used to.

Do you have to go with a guide or can you ride without? We're not planning to go with a guide…

Trekster

might struggle to find your way around without one 😕

Been with Alans^^^^^ guides, Jim @ seasonally, switchbacks and Rob from Ae7 and there is no way I would have found any of the trails + the fact there is quite a bit of transport to and from end of rides, very few circular routes ime.

eg it cost me £50 a day for bike and guide at Alans sierracycling inc van shuttle to top/start of rides 😆

Mackem

Ive got the Bikefax guide to Southern Spain, plenty of nice looking stuff in the Sierra Nevada there. I'm staying out that way for a month this sumer.

MissStumpjumper
    Free Member

Hmmm… sounds like we have to re-think about trying to find the trails ourselves…

neilforrow

i went out there with http://www.ridesierranevada.com/ Shaun is a first class guide… and as others have said, I wouldnt bother trying to find the trails on your own… most arnt even on a map…

big thumbs up for shaun, and the lunch's really do live up to the hype.

flamejob
    Free Member

I was there on Friday; it was nice to be in a cooler climate. This is going to make some people wretch, but I took my bike and couldn't be bothered to ride so hung out with Michael (Swtichbacks) and helped service the hire bikes.

There are other places such as the area around el Chorro, Cordoba and there is plenty of more hardcore riding around Malaga.
    Beautiful countryside and amazing riding.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Was there at easter, brilliant. Best with a guide but the bikefax book has some good trails. Maps are pretty poor and won't really help. The RG routes are a good way to link stuff and work well as a long distance set of trails can be exposed at times. It's much better than this vid, didn't get the best stuff due to technical problems.
    Spanish vid

FuzzyWuzzy

going there soon to, just need to figure out what tyres now :p

flamejob
    Free Member

Hard compound dual ply Maxxis Minion on the rear and whatever compound on the front.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I think you will find that Jim at Seasonally etc. has ceased trading.

Really? Shame that.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Biking Sierra Nevada’ is closed to new replies.