Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Biking in Suisse Normandy?
  • bowglie

MrsB is interested in going on hols to 'Suisse Normandy' & I just wondered what it's like for mtn biking – has anyone got experience of the place that they can pass on?

Cheers

flatback
    Free Member

there are 22 waymarked trails ranging from nearly country roads lanes sort of old railway line riding, to full on black national cross country hilly route from the champs a few years ago, its a very quiet area for eating out and the like, you can get a pack of maps from rock de etre sorry for the spelling and for example 6 trails start at pont du oiully sorry for the spelling again, some really good trail riding not like trail centre crap yourself stuff, just nice riding with the missis going through farms and little villages, theury harcourt has a few trails starting there, but the canoe centre at pont du oiully is pretty central, look up some info on the french vtt cycling site, i stayed there last year and it was great.
    and also last september travelled a bit further to domfront and therre was 20 trails around that area as well same kind of stuff but domfront and bagnoles de orne had a little bit more life in the area and a few more restaurants, a good hardtail would do fine very few bits would need a full sus

iDave
    Free Member

iDave
    Free Member

rock n roll adventures – the riding is great, think the mag have been there will these peeps…….

bowglie

Thanks for the advice guys, it sounds very promising

some really good trail riding not like trail centre crap yourself stuff, just nice riding with the missis going through farms and little villages

That's exactly the type of thing we're looking for – I don't mind chuckin' myself down the odd 'black' descent now & then, but the wife is more into more gentle XC stuff. (last time I tried to coach her down one of the more 'challenging' descents in the local Sheffield woods, she got off her bike, threw it at me, then stormed off swearing LOTS (er…oops!)) TBH, I like easier XC riding myself…..bit of riding, stop for coffee & cake….bit of riding, stop for lunch and a beer…bit of riding, afternoon kip etc etc 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Biking in Suisse Normandy?’ is closed to new replies.