Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Biking Android App
  • GENESIS_IO_2002
    Free Member

Recommend me a free android app that measures your journey ave speed / calories expendied etc. May pay for one if it is really good.
    Cheers

druidh
    Free Member

Endomondo does it.

riddoch

Garmin do an app or Strava is good if you like testing yourself.

superfastjellyfish
    Free Member

+1 for Endomondo

mrmo
    Free Member

currenlty using Endomondo, Strava and Garmin(garmin cost 80p-ish), all have some social interaction, strava and endomondo more so, strava also adds a competitive element, you can create segments and start virtual racing.

all return different speeds and distances, not a lot different i suspect the way they avergae the gps signals differs.

Could also have a look at my tracks, and find which you like

bongo136
    Free Member

Strava!!! not sure if they have it on Android, I have used quite a few in the past and Strava is definitely the best!

jwmlee
    Free Member

I use Sports Tracker Pro – Sportstracklive.com

There is a free version but mine cost around £3. Brilliant app. Maps, distance, speed, heart rate (if you have a monitor), altitude (usual inaccuracies!)…

elzorillo
    Free Member

yep.. Endomondo

Rickos
    Free Member

Endo has a better web site than Strava, but Strava has the segments that you can set and race yourself, friends or strangers. If Endo could do segments then it would be the choice for me, no question.

Re: segments – one of the weekly cycling mags had a thing on it and some chap found that Strava had ruined his rides as he felt he had to compete every time, but another chap loved that side of it. So, up to you.

widge34
    Free Member

Use both Strava and Endomondo on Android.

scottfitz
    Free Member

i use MY TRACKS it works for me. GPX, Elev profiles etc…

bigyinn
    Free Member

My tracks is my preferred one. Can use it with data off, so doesnt batter your allowance.
    Endo doesnt appear to like having the data off.
    Strava, have hte app, but not actually used it yet, but I do upload my gpx’s from my tracks to it.

scottfitz
    Free Member

My tracks is my preferred one. Can use it with data off, so doesnt batter your allowance.
    Endo doesnt appear to like having the data off.
    Strava, have hte app, but not actually used it yet, but I do upload my gpx’s from my tracks to it.

that how i found the others too. But i don’t care about ‘calorie counts’ they don’t have a singlespeed up a big hill setting on any of them.

rumbler
    Free Member

I’ve tried Endomondo, Sports Tracker, My Tracks & Movescount (Suunto)although not an Android app, and I find the Movescount the best if you want accurate data on energy consumption and effort and then I just import the other data from My Tracks. With both of the others the calorie counts were way off but in terms of distance, time & elevation they were much of a muchness.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Biking Android App’ is closed to new replies.