Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Biketreks Ambleside
  • mickle141
    Free Member

Hey, anyone ever been? Heading up to the lakes this weekend, thought I might stick my head in and have a nosey. What bikes do they stock? Can’t seem to get on the website…

ojom
    Free Member

They are a great shop. Off the top of my head… Orange, Specialized and maybe some Lapierre although that might be wrong. Scott, Santa Cruz etc. All quality stuff.

Nice clothing range too.

Go to Zeffirellis for lunch down the road. Great wee place.

mickle141
    Free Member

Nice one, I’ll check it out. Best leave my wallet in the car, oh the shiny things!

Any tips on where to ride? Can you ride from the shop?

the_lecht_rocks

andy used to have a ‘shop’ in greenodd 20 odd years ago…….

ah, the good old days 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

Remember, remove all valuables from the car when parking… looks like you might have to take it in, just for crime prevention obviously.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

andy used to have a ‘shop’ in greenodd 20 odd years ago

eh?

mickle141
    Free Member

Damn, best put the blinkers on! Do they have a good range of accessories n stuff? Think I might be entering new chain territory, may change it before I go for a ride.

mickle141
    Free Member

Greenodd – between Newby Bridge and Ulverston. Shop – place that sells things… 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ah, it makes sense now, but I still dont know what hes on about.

boxelder

Andy owns biketreks. Used to have retail outlet in Greenodd. The end.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I never new there was a bike shop in greenodd. Before my time probably

ChrisI

The shop is pretty big, plenty of bling to look at :mrgreen:

Also plenty of good riding around there. When we visited, a local friend took us around 16 miles of MTB heaven, which was a killer for us southern wussies 😆

IamSam
    Free Member

they are a really good shop and there is a shop ride most Sunday mornings, even if you don’t go with this they will give you any route advice you need.

plenty of ridding from the shop

Sanny
    Free Member

Great shop, Andy, Keith and Sarah are legends – they know how to do proper customer service, sound advice that you won’t get on t’interweb and a really extensive range of bits and bobs – I consider them my local bike shop and I live in Glasgow! 😆

The Giggling Goose accross the road is excellent for breakfast / lunch and a brew.

Cheers

Sanny

twelveski
    Free Member

Great shop and very helpfull.
    I was up there last weekend and did a couple of routes (one from the shop).
    We were short of time so ended up on the road more than normal, but if you add the BW to Little Langdale then the BW descent into Elterwater through the quary and ending at Wainwrights, you will be in for a good loop!
    If you don’t mind a 20 min drive, the Walna Scar route is one of the best.
    Ambleside
    Walna

Bregante

Mmm doorstep sized butties at the giggling goose….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Great wee place

they have toilets too ??

Flapjack
    Free Member

Great shop. Very friendly, went there last week whilst on holiday in the lakes – even allowed Denzel the Staffie to have a mooch around (he didn’t buy anything – tight git).

alexxx
    Free Member

when did there used to be a bikeshop in greenodd….

gingerflash

I remember working for Andy when I was at school and he was operating out of a lock-up the other side of the mini-golf. Then the move to Millans Park – burgled the night before opening-day I seem to recall. Worked there for a few years but left before the move to the new shop.

Great place, lots of good high-end stuff, good range of clothing too.

For a ride from Ambleside, I’d recommend going over Loughrigg, climb above Skelwith Bridge, High Arnside, Iron Keld, trails round Hodge Close and Tilberthwaite, Elterwater, finish down Loughrigg terrace back down to Ambleside. It’s a good all-weather route and loads of fun.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

One of the best bike shops I’ve been to – puts my snooty local lot to shame.

The ride Gingerflash mentions above is a local classic – definitely recommended. For a shorter version if you get tempted to “test some product”, then the Loughrigg loop on its own is worth doing for a quick taster.

neninja
    Free Member

A mate called in whilst on a weekend away with his wife – came home with a new Blur LT frame in the car.

Definitely a shop where restraint is required to avoid spending ££££

alexxx
    Free Member

when did there used to be a bikeshop in greenodd….

Cammer
    Free Member

Think the quotation marks may be hinting at something else?! Never been a ‘bike shop’ in Greenodd

granny_ring

Biketreks used to sell laminated ride maps a few years ago dont know if they still do?

grim168
    Free Member

I did the loughrigg route last week and can recomend it. I met a guy from down south and he had a laminated route card bought from bike treks.

samcamsdad

the bike shop in greenodd was probably andy’s big blue merc van!

stevestunts
    Free Member

Andy used to operate out of a cottage at Abbots Reading Farm, which is technically Haverthwaite and not Greenodd.

robbo1234biking

It is a great bike shop plenty to look at and the staff are very helpful. Last time I was in there they had a new lad in and I asked about STW discount and he was quick to go and ask despite not knowing.

geoffj

If your up that way, make sure you check out wheelbase @ stavely too.

alexxx
    Free Member

ah finally someone with a geographical idea, no bike shop in greenodd ever ever ever. happy now.

Cammer
    Free Member

No

I have just found out from family that there WAS a bike shop in Greenodd. About 70 years ago run by a grand fellow named Goerge Peake, on the main street next to the Machels pub. There is an old picture lying about somewhere in th archives, if I find it i’ll get it posted up.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Biketreks Ambleside’ is closed to new replies.