Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Biketools workstands
  • bigsi
    Free Member

Any good ?

Or suggest an alternative up to £100.

Cheers

Coleman
    Free Member

If you mean one like this;

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/bicycle-stands-workstands-for-bikes/bike-tools-workstand.html

They are the best thing since sliced bread. If you shop around you can usually pick one up for about £50, they seem to be a generic item that appear under different brand names at various retailers.

bigsi
    Free Member

Thats the exact one i was looking at Coleman. How sturdy are they ?

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

I've got one. they rock. had it just short of two years now and wouldn't be without one now.

sturdy? not as sturdy as a workshop stand, and you wouldn't want to swing off it trying to remove a set of sticky cranks, but you won't get that kind of tougness for less than a couple of hundred quid.

shop around, I'd say you can pick one up for 60 notes. well worth it. (and acutually lighter and more convenient than most stands that are more expensive)

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I've had one of those for a few years. gets loads of abuse, but still going strong.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

i just got this one http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=10231 very stable you can really go for it removing tight bb's hardly felt any movement before i left the trade 6 months back i used to use the kestrel engineering model b and this is a grate substitute even though i know its no model b i can really get on with work on it 8)

woodsman
    Free Member

Definately worth it – back savers, temper savers amongst the obvious. I got a Park stand for 100 quid at Evans (few years back).

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

You sometimes just need to weigh down the feet if you're not that careful with bike positioning, though, IME.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Biketools workstands’ is closed to new replies.