Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • bikes you really shouldn't like but…
  • rOcKeTdOg

really fancy having
    seen yesterday whislt in Scotland

69er by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr
    my size too, took some serious taking to myself to walk away

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bromptons. 😳 (Ti ones of course)

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I’ve been seen lusting at Bromptons too, the one with the gold welds showing … 😳

Would have quite happily ridden about on a Kirk Revolution, if one lasted long enough. 🙂

finbar
    Free Member

That Moulton that costs about fifteen grand.

RealMan
    Free Member

ojom
    Free Member

Bromptons are super cool. Orange, Green or Raw. Wicked.

I really really like Puglseys and Fatbikes now but have zero need for one – i fully appreciate it’s never a need thing but a dedicated snow/sand bike… when i don’t want to ride on the beach… agh. Damn Bruce and his niches!!!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member
    rOcKeTdOg

i can see what you like about that rusty (it’s not just the name though, right?)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Bromptons are super cool.

No they’re not. There a compromise that works just about acceptably, for commuting. They’re ok if you need to have a folding bike, but other than that, they’re simply too compromised. Silly little wheels, nervous twitchy ride, stupidly overpriced and have some pretty poor quality components.

I want one, but only for the pub and when I might need to be able to use public transport.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

not just the name, I’ve got a non rusty Brew in the garage (BMX).

bassspine
    Free Member
    ojom
    Free Member

They aren’t twitchy. Trick is to not look down. 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

thebikechain – Member
    They aren’t silly, nervous and little. Trick is to not look down.

That could apply to something else, eh, Fred? 😉

tandaylor
    Free Member

+1 ol rusty. (Liking the cross tyres).

Guilty of fixie bikes in general (yes, still…)

Kato

I liked my old Preston

………….. no one else did mind you

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

They aren’t twitchy

Yes they are.

That could apply to something else, eh, Fred?

You tell me, Flashy! 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kato, old chap, not everyone hated that bike, you know.

Look here – http://www.accidentinapramfactory.com

😉

tandaylor
    Free Member

+1 horsey, too

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I hated that bike Kato 😉

Kato

I hated that bike Kato

AH those were the days!

brakes
    Free Member

a dirt jump bike

and a fixed wheel bike

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Yeah all bmx’s should be 4130, 44/16, flats, comp 111s …….but
    http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/gt_bicycles/7364

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Marin attack trail 😳

tandaylor
    Free Member

I know this is getting a bit off topic. I’ve never really wanted a motorbike, until now.

poppa
    Free Member

Realman, is that a carbon Boardman HT?

J0N
    Free Member

Trek Broadsider concept. Yum!

spindi
    Free Member

I know it’s wrong but I always fancied owning a PRST for a while…

RealMan
    Free Member

Yes. Yes it is.

spindi
    Free Member

I guess people stopping you and saying it’s a godawful looking duckling of a bike would get a bit tiresome after a while 🙂

tandaylor
    Free Member

spindi – thats a godawful fugly duckling of a bike.

coastkid
    Free Member

Bromptons are super cool. Orange, Green or Raw. Wicked.

I really really like Puglseys and Fatbikes now but have zero need for one – i fully appreciate it’s never a need thing but a dedicated snow/sand bike… when i don’t want to ride on the beach… agh. Damn Bruce and his niches!!!
    Mark i have a 72 moulton hanging in the man cave, its the suspension one…before the spaceframe…16″ rear 17″ front wheels…has naffy chrome raleigh parts but a good progect frameset 😉
    dude your under 10 miles west of some of the best 40 miles of coastline for a pugsley in Scotland :mrgreen: go on…you know you need one…

me? Mmm a Pashley govner..just for riding to the nearest village on a summer afternoon for an ice cream 😮

ojom
    Free Member

SOLD

*orders pugsley*

GW
    Free Member

IBIS mojo – swore years ago I’d never touch carbon again, Lopes rides one ;). I don’t even like the geometry but there’s def something I like about them.
    Giant Anthem – I know I’d prob snap one and I only really like hardtails for XC but it’d just be such a weapon for quick XC riding.
    Evil impreial/Duncon cocker/nicolai 2MXTB – I **** hate long travel hardtails! (there, I said it) and these are so wrong they’ve almost gone full circle but aesthetically I’ve always kinda like them. (it’s the 12yr old BMX fanboi coming back out I reckon)
    Curtis SX – I hate steel bikes, IMO they’re always either too weak or too heavy and these fall into the latter category, great bikes otherwise tho.
    2011 Intense Tazer FS – I’d never buy an intense (nuff said I think) but they actually seem to have got everything right with this one 😯
    MrBig ST-10 – no need to comment on why they’re wrong but I’ve very nearly bough a few.

er.. this list could go on and on.. think I should stop now.

ianpinder
    Free Member

GW agree with you on the intense tazer fs, wonder if they are as flexy as other intenses.

I even have all the parts to build it up.

bassspine
    Free Member

I second the broasdsider.

‘survival bike’

poppa
    Free Member

I like the Boardman. For some reason a light, fast carbon HT seems better suited to the Boardman tag than a trail HT. If it’s as competetively specced and as (comparatively) light as their other bikes I think I could get a bit of mild bike-horn for it.

Not sure how profitable it would be though, given how most MTBers are more into the overbiked mid-life crisis thing. 😉

poppa
    Free Member

My name is GW and i’m a bikeaholic.

fontmoss
    Free Member

there were pics of a built broadsider at SSWC10 if memory serves

some here too

ando227
    Free Member

pace 204 allegedly!

mboy
    Free Member

Shouldn’t like it cos its got drop bars, only one gear, no brakes, no freehub etc… I’m not into road bikes, singlespeeds, fixies or anything without brakes… But it just looks sooooooo sooooo right… 😛

Also, 29ers… According to seemingly most of the bike riding public they should be crap and we shouldn’t lust after them, certainly if we’re less than about 6ft4 tall (I’m just under 5ft11), but I love them!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘bikes you really shouldn't like but…’ is closed to new replies.