Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • bikes transported in LEAST suitable vehicles?
  • freeride_addict
    Free Member

a subject close to my heart being a mtb enthusiast who also loves sports cars.

see pic – anyone got any others to share? 😉

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10151327166695117&set=a.403128885116.364617.709450116&type=1&theater

honourablegeorge

I have a friend who got himself, his wife, their dog, all their kit, and a Kona Stinky into a Smart car and drove across France.

Solo
    Free Member

Can’t view F/B pics.

However, transporting a road bike and MTB in my Audi A4 Cab, wasn’t easy to do or on the eye.

Even worse ?, I was taking them to storage, which is where they are now.
    I’m down to one bike, and its not completed yet.
    🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Not me but a tandem towed behind a Goldwing

Image1 by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

bigbloke
    Free Member

I know someone that transports their bike on top of their Porsche 911 Carrera s, obviously its a Porsche rack n bars……it looks weird.

nixie

I had both my full sus and cotic soul in my elise S1. its a tight fit but does work.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’ve had mine on the passenger seat of my mx5, both wheels off seatbelt on.

atlaz
    Free Member

I saw a Caterham with two bikes on the roll bars once.

freeride_addict
    Free Member

Hahaha good effort fellas. I knew I wasnt the only one!

In my day Ive managed at various times:

-a bike both inside a lotus elise and another on a bike rack on the back
    -5 people and 5 bikes on/in/hanging out of a golf GTi mk2 to drive up the col d’iseran in france (2730m!)
    – 2 full bikes and a passenger in the back of a TVR (!)
    – that pic was my MTB last weekend shoehorned into the back of a 911 GT3.

I think the goldwing pic takes the prize so far though….what a legend!

Rickos
    Free Member

Teej – I wondered what that red thing was attached to the bike. Then realised it was a chap with a canoe. 😳

philstone

I did used to get my bike in to the boot of my M Coupe (Not the M3 Coupe) but now have some roof racks…

wwaswas

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Somewhere there’s a pic of H-Ball on an Enduro motorbike with his bike on a rack with him.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

double post glitch.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Just about managed it on my previous car. Bit wobbly though…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Anyone got those post gorrick enduro photos of my midget?

It wasn’t so much the bike in the passenger seat, it was the rain, and the 12″ deep mud that swinley had turned into conspiring to generaly ruin everything!

chakaping
    Free Member

Used to get my xc bike in the back of my (proper) Mini.

Dunno how. Necessity is the mother of invention I suppose.

freeride_addict
    Free Member

if this still doesnt work, i give up!

philstone

if this still doesnt work, i give up!

Almost there..

cynic-al
    Free Member

I use a set up like this

beefheart
    Free Member

It’s a pain when it rains.

freeride_addict
    Free Member

HAHAHAA MASSIVE respect to the F40 owner!!!!

binners

See if you can guess who turned up for a ride in a noddy Smart car, with his Heckler in the passenger seat?

cynic-al
    Free Member

That’s another trick in the MX5 – bike in bag in passenger seat

MussEd
    Free Member

Saw a guy on a moped at GT a few years back, taking this bike to bits and strapping it all to various points of the moped. I never had a phone cam at the time….hats off to him I have to say I was impressed!

timmys

I know someone that transports their bike on top of their Porsche 911 Carrera s, obviously its a Porsche rack n bars……it looks weird.

I’ve seen a combo that fits that description (Surrey Hills natch).

johnnystorm

2 hardtails with wheels removed and two passengers will fit in an Aygo. Just.

10pmix
    Free Member

I’ve seen a combo that fits that description (Surrey Hills natch).

Being a Surrey Hills rider I’ve seen a 911 and an Aston V8 with bikes crammed in the back. My mate with the Aston then bought a Nissan GTR and has yet to find a way to get his bike into it… what a frightful pain in the posterior it is (don’t you know)

kayak23

Not carrying a bike, but this is how we got from A to B in Uganda…

10pmix
    Free Member

julianwilson
    Free Member

bigbloke – Member

I saw just that at the 24/12 a couple of years ago. Not even that good a bike iirc. Complete opposite to most of my mates (esp downhilling ones) -a £400 bike on the roof of a £lordknowshowmuch car. 😆

10pmix
    Free Member

TiRed

My singlespeed 29er fits INSIDE my VW Eos. Wheels off and in the boot. Roof down, drop the bike inside with passenger seat forward. Roof up and drive off.

Not ideal, it normally rides on top of a CRV

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Rain + Bike + MG = miserable ‘spooney

was
    Free Member

My setup is like this:

Bike goes on passenger seat wrapped in sheet if I’m driving alone.

A bike will fit in the boot…….

passtherizla
    Free Member

everytime I see a 350 or 370Z it makes me want to run out and buy one… what a lovely looking motor.

LHS
    Free Member

was
    Free Member

everytime I see a 350 or 370Z it makes me want to run out and buy one… what a lovely looking motor.

Its just a crying shame they put that sodding strut brace in the rear, and the plastic speaker / glove box setup behind the seats making the boot almost useless. I’ve been tempted to get one of these hitches from the states $85 curt trailer hitch and a rack to fit.

They are very cheap now to buy now… fuel prices have hit hard. Mine does 26mpg, £260 tax and £400 insurance so not that bad really.

LHS – WINNER!

freeride_addict
    Free Member

10pmix – good effort! Is that a totally bespoke rack for that motorbike or can yuo actually buy something like that somewhere? I have a full lisence but never owned a motorbike for long simply down to the fact that I assumed carrying a bike was impossible. This could be a total game changer…..!

ourmaninthenorth

Not a bike, but the components for a workbench.

What do you mean I could have been decapitated…?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘bikes transported in LEAST suitable vehicles?’ is closed to new replies.