Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bike Workstand Clamps
  • Netdonkey

Has anyone seen just the clamp that hold the bike for sale? I can only find whole stands but someone must manufature them!

br
    Free Member

Park

Netdonkey

Thanks

I saw those but they seam to be for their top end workstands. Park sell a £99 pound stand but not the replacement clamp for it. Thanks for the links though might be my only alternative.

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

I am also stuck on this one. I have a PCS9 that did 5 years of DH world cups, 2 euro champs wins and 4 years of shop work. It could do with a new clamp, but really I'd be better off chucking it and getting a whole new one. But I can't junk such an important piece of UK bike history!

Macavity
    Free Member

Kestrel do manufacture some stuff
    http://www.kestrelengineering.co.uk/repair_stands.html

5lab

crc sell a lot of the park ones, unsure of cost

I got my park wallmounted stand (which has a shop-grade clamp) from the us via ebay. Including shipping & customs it was £50 less than here, might be an option for a cheaper clamp?

Netdonkey

joe@brookscycles

So you would recommend a PCS-9 then? £100 rrp is tempting, i just can help wondering if I could build something more sturdy and actually use those engineering qualifications.

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

I wouldn't ever use anything else than a PCS 9. QR style clamps usually turn out to be more of a ball ache. I much prefer the simple 'wind it up' PCS 9 clamp. It's easily secure enough for stuck BB's and headsets, and you can quickly turn the clamp to horizontal to clamp the TT instead of seatpost if you need to.

It's a no-nonsense, work-a-day, dependable stand. Love it.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I've got the cheaper Park benchmount one.

Although I don't remember it costing as much as this one on CRC.

Here at CRC

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Slight hijack. Been looking at the Park PCS 10. Yes or No Joe ?

br
    Free Member

I've the PCS-9 version, works great, especially if clamping a differing variety of post sizes.

Sixam
    Free Member

I have a PCS9 on which the clamp thread recently wore down. Could not find a replacement (or any options) over here so emailed Park in the USA and a new clamp (the PCS10 one is the same) was with me in a week FOC. Excellent customer service. I am with Joe – great stand backed up by great customer service.

Netdonkey

sixam – how much did they charge you for that? If you dont mind me asking?

Netdonkey

Dohhh FOC = Free of charge… what a plum!

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

The PCS 10 looks good if you only ever work on 1 bike/seatpost size. Then, you can set the QR clamp, and just open/close quickly and easily. Going from a 25.4 to a 34.9 seatpost needs a lot of twiddling, which is why I prefer the PCS 9 in the shop.

Other than that, it's pretty nice. Still, an extra £50 over the PCS 9…

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Yeah, it's for my extensive fleet of 2 bikes, so not really a problem. Thanks Joe, right off to CRC then.

jond
    Free Member

>QR style clamps usually turn out to be more of a ball ache.

A bit OT, but Ultimate Support (or whatever they're now called) quick-release-stylee clamps seem to work well, but mebbe a little slower to rotate the jaws tho' unless you're using their jaw unit that fits a Park stand. 'Fraid there's no bench equivalent tho' and some are expensive 🙁

(Fortunately I bought mine when they weren't the crazy amount of money they are now – it was either that or the extreme range Park, to handle the 2" tubes of a recumbent).

Netdonkey

Pcs-9 it is then. Sounds like they are the real deal. Thanks joe

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bike Workstand Clamps’ is closed to new replies.