Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Bike Verbier – THE best biking trip I've ever had (with pictures)
  • scruff
    Free Member

You can get the cable car back up from La Tzoumas or if you go all the way down (a LONG way down & easy to get lost or die) you can hop on the train from Martigny back to Verbier.

bethbynag
    Free Member

Ive just got back from a couple of days in Verbier. You can keep yourself busy for a few days there without a guide but you will soon see that you are only scratching the surface. The maps of the area are quite poor and signage on the waymarked routes is also poor.

I’ve seen the videos and the photographs and couldnt find any of those trails. Phototim if you could show/describe me where they are that would be appreciated

The lift geetee1972 desicribes is one lift, with Verbier being the midstation. Plenty of runs off the top of here back down in to Verbier and you can figure out which way to go (left or right)whilst riding up in the lift. Also woth doing for is the Tour du Mont Fort, this links a few of the valleys up

http://www.tdmf.ch/en/main/pro-rider-tour.php

Also probably worth having a piste map as they are easier to understand than the map on the tdmf site. The tourist information in the main square have them or

http://www.verbier.ch/multimedia/docs/2010/11/plan_4Vallees.pdf

Megatron

a few hours of beer drinking background views condensed:
    [video]http://vimeo.com/27684700[/video]

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Thanks for all the lovely comments, pictures and videos. Its great to know you all had a good trip.
    The ‘secret trail’ obviously isn’t , we like to call it the ‘Hyperventalator’. It is a very sensitive trail though, this is because last summer an unguided group of riders didn’t ride carefully through the cows, scared them all silly and one cow had to be put down because of a broken leg. This obviously doesn’t help the relationship with bikers and farmers. So, if you do ride it have a great time, you will, but please go carefully through the meadows where the cows are.

With regard to guiding, we are aware it is not cheap, however other guides in the area will be charging 180-320 chf per person per day, just for the guiding. If you do want pointing in the right direction we are happy to help if you drop us an email at bikeverbier.com

Phototim
    Free Member

Huge amount!?! You probably need a bit of practice!

Ok so I was looking in completely the wrong place! I’m not about to post the details of where this trail is though as I’m sure BV would like to keep it at least reasonably quiet given its sensitive nature. I figure those who are willing to spend the time to work out where it is are those that will have the most respect for the trail, the hikers, the farmers and the cows.

Thanks to those who have offered and provided info on the lifts and trails. I will look at all this more closely soon but at the moment I’m on a National express coach and its not so comfortable to type!

I will also add that I am aware that BV are great value and of course it seems they provide an excellent service based on their reviews. For me and my buddies though, a 1 night stay is obviously not an economic way of doing it so we’ll get a hostel or something and do a bit of our own exploring. I work with a whole bunch of people who have been riding these areas for years and I have yet to tap into their knowledge so that might help a lot. We’re still also thinking of chamonix as well…

Thanks all, nice pictures too by the way!

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Bike Verbier – THE best biking trip I've ever had (with pictures)’ is closed to new replies.