• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bike storage sheds
  • ctk
    Free Member

Cant decide between wood/ plastic/ metal and no idea where to buy from. Show me yours please.

This one looks good, what do you reckon?

ebay shed

Gilesey
    Free Member

DIY plan for this spring is to turn our mudpatch of a lawn into a courtyard and lay flagstones. Once done I’ll be putting in something from Asgard.

funkrodent

Gilesey – Member
    DIY plan for this spring is to turn our mudpatch of a lawn into a courtyard and lay flagstones. Once done I’ll be putting in something from Asgard.

That’s pretty much word for word what I was going to write 🙂

If you have one of those Asgards, somebody is going to have to really, really want your bike. Completely negates the “On the off chance” scrotes who account for at least 96.2% of all shed related thievery..

dpfr

Asgard for me. It’s the biz. I have the one bike version which holds a large 29er and a road bike comfortably, and the nice men who supply it will, if paid, also put it together for you in about half an hour.

ctk
    Free Member

Gilesey – Member

Thankyou, they look great & if the 4 bike shed fits the space I have in mind its a done deal! 🙂

Marin
    Free Member

Got an Asgard holding 3 bikes. Unless you bring some proper power tools with you its not getting opened.

steveoath
    Free Member

Asgard annexe here. Great bit of kit.

jimmy

Asgard here too. Rather in there than the garage.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Sorry to go [partiall] against the flow here. I’ve got an Asgard too, but I really really don’t think it would hold off a semi determined thief for very long at all.
    Obviously I’m not willing to try this, as it cost £400, but I reckon a good sized screwdriver or a crowbar would get you into the 3,4 bike box pretty easily. It’s difficult to get something that big which is strong without using hundreds of kg of metal.

Also the locks which come with it seem very fragile and easy to pick.

(IANAT) so take this with a pinch of salt.

paulx
    Free Member

You need one of these – they are far more serious.

climbingkev
    Free Member

Asgard Annex. Mega.

rsvktm

We’ve got a bigger version of the one in the ebay link, ordered at a motorbike show a few years ago. Highly recommended, ours is in the garage so don’t know what it would be like outside but very well made and great locking system.

sgn23
    Free Member

+1 for Asgard shed, but as ^^^above it’s not bullet proof. See it as the 1st line of defence and then fit a ground anchor and serious chain and padlock like this. The weak link then becomes the bike frame itself as they’ll cut it to sell on the components.

Marin
    Free Member

Yep asgards are not bomb proof but as good as it gets. My sledge hammer and battery whizzer would open any garage or box. If someones that determined really not much you can do apart from insurance.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bike storage sheds’ is closed to new replies.