Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • bike stole in Brizzle – anybody got a good police contact?
  • retro83
    Free Member

good mate of mine had his much beloved bike stolen from a ‘secure’ shed in Bristol (near to Gloucester Road) 🙁

It was a Martin Hawyes replica Giant a bit like this one (it is not this exact one – don’t have a photo)

It has black Cannondale P-Bone forks, XTR blue/grey cranks, yellow magura HS-33 brakes.

If any body some scratty waste of skin bowling it about on it please could you give me a shout (email in profile)

Also if anybody knows a good policeman to contact that would be much appreciated.

Cheers 😕

fingerbike
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that, bristol seems to be the bike theft capital of the UK at the moment, maybe the police need to setup a stinger/sniper operation….

Could start here:

http://stolenbristolbikes.blogspot.com/

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Try Anthony’s blog

http://stolenbristolbikes.blogspot.com/

The more bikes stolen from BS7 the more I’m thinking of relocating, even though I love this area and have lived here for nearly 20 years.

Good luck finding you bike, I was lucky and had my frame recovered earlier this year (but not my 2 full sussers)

Joxster
    Free Member

Anyone know where these bikes end up?

I know that Brick Lane Bikes in London had* a reputation of being a chop shop.

*it may have improved

Another place to keep a look out is theftconverters, sorry Cash Converters

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

There is a north Bristol officer in charge of investigating bike theft, I’ll try and find his details if no one else posts them on here first

retro83
    Free Member

Cheers guys I’ll pass that on. If you find that info agentdagnamit, that would be appreciated too

He’s found some fairly current pics , ( brakes are silver, not yellow as I said)

MrAgreeable

Hi Retro83, Antony here. I got your mate’s email and I’ve sent him some advice. The North Bristol Burglary Team at Southmead were the ones that got my bike back. I don’t want to post individual officers’ names as they would be swamped, but they took really quick action when I referred a sighting of my bike on eBay to them, so if you spot it for sale then they’re the ones to contact. As Joxter says, check Cash Converters etc but also online sites like Gumtree and eBay.

retro83
    Free Member

Cheers Antony, that’s great. Much appreciated! 8)

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Hi again. My frame was found during a raid on a shed in Southmead, surprise, surprise… Guess they didnt try and sell a PA frame as it would have been a bit obvious if I’d ehecked, you’re probably in the same situation.

The officer who called me explained that they’d tracked the address via ebay, having run searches for addresses with multiple sellers registered at them. Good to know they have access to this sort of info from ebay.

Sorry, cant find his name or I would have posted it, the more calls he gets the better as far as I’m concerned.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘bike stole in Brizzle – anybody got a good police contact?’ is closed to new replies.