Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Big tent owners – a question.
  • Chase
    Free Member

Has the size of your tent (six berth plus for instance) ever been an issue for the campsites you have used?
    We have a Vango Diablo 600. At the last site we used the pitches were marked out and our tent was wider then the pitch. It didn’t actually present a problem as we had friends on either side, but I can forsee problems in future as the tent is 8m wide.

Has anybody ever a problem of a similar nature or am I been concerned about something that isn’t actually an issue?

Thanks.

nickc

Nope.

Pieface

More and more campsites now ask you to specify the size of your tent and will charge accordingly.

Tents seem to get biggere and bigger. Whereas people used to have 3 x 3 person tents, peope now have one 9 person tent with a central porch too.

Smee
    Free Member

Some places have maximum tent sizes or maximum length of stay for large tents. Have run into that a couple of times, but there is always somewhere else that will take them.

lowey

We have the diablo 900 and so far havent had a problem. You will not get on a C&CC site as the tent is too big, they will either say no or charge you for 2 pitches.

Best to phone first and explain that your tent is large.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i find the car i turn up in more of an issue…

Spongebob
    Free Member

I had a tent which was 9m x 4m (T shaped). Apart from needing a dead flat pitch, it was too wide for a standard pitch. So I flogged it on eBay at 100% profit 😆 and bought a 5m x 5m 8 man (more like a six man).

I chuck in two tiny 2 man tents just in case we end up without finding a large enough pitch.

I also have a sturdy 3m x 3m gazebo with zip on sides, so am thinking I might “out” the big tent and just use the 2 man tents for sleeping in. It would certainly save me a lot of time setting up and packing away, not to mention freeing up space in the car.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Big tent owners – a question.’ is closed to new replies.