Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Big Bro or No?
  • BermBandit
    Free Member

Nasty rant girly gets hers

In no way whatsoever can I possibly condone this persons foul mouthed and horrible attitudes and abuse, but conversely every time I look at this outcome I can’t help but get a bit uncomfortable in the opposite direction and start thinking Thought Police etc.

So is it good to have her behaviour highlighted and spread around all over t’internet, or is it the thin end of a really nasty wedge? For me it gets right down to the core of a lot of moral issues at the moment. Like is it better to see her behaviour as a societal failing or is it something individually evil whereby we can all rejoice about her getting punished?

Generally it just reminds me way too much of George Orwells 1984, Aldous Huxleys Brave New World, and Lucas’s THX 1138 to feel comfortable about it.

NB: THIS IS NOT ABOUT WHAT SHE WAS SAYING,THAT WAS CLEARLY WRONG.

meehaja
    Free Member

If police had been there then in theory she could (and should) have been arrested for her crime, given that racist abuse is a criminal issue. No different from the video of the woman putting the cat in the bin TBH

nealglover
    Free Member

If she just “thought” it. Then she would only have to worry about the fictional “thought police”

But as she was breaking the law, she has to deal with the “Actual Police”

Fair enough in my book.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

She committed a crime and was caught doing so. its no different from someone reporting her to the police

How about CCTV cameras catching people committing crimes?

BermBandit
    Free Member

If she just “thought” it. Then she would only have to worry about the fictional “thought police”

Ah yes, but how long is it before not having the appropriate facial expression in similar circumstances is illegal, and surely the real issue is as I described it. i.e. the fact that this sort of outlook exists and persists rather than the fact that smacked out of her head she has verbalised it.

And TJ regarding the camera issue, let me just say let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Lets face it if there were cameras everywhere who amongst us wouldn’t have a criminal record???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Big Bro or No?’ is closed to new replies.