Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Big brass balls
  • fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

OK, long story to this but bear with me please.

Saturday night we left a local food outlet and continued to a local club where we had a group of 15 underage drinkers start on us (aprox 14 yrs old). for no reason one of them ran up to my mate and put him down with a punch to the jaw, so before I know whats happened ive stepped in between him n my mate, taken a few punches of him and then got jumped by 8 of his other friends put on the floor, bundled kicked and punched.

I gave out a few punches and think they were useless. I then stood up and black out from loss of blood and because if several kicks i got to the head.

I woke up to my 2 friends and a paramedic stood over me 10 minutes later and a trip to a n e and an all nighter of xrays and and body checks followed. One of my friends stayed with me and she was there for me all the way through the journey and hospital so i’m off to buy her some flowers shortly as i cant thank her enough.

My friend who took the punch wasnt allowed on the ambulance as there wasnt enough space to go with me and he feels awful because of the state i’m in:

Massive swelling and bruising to the front of my forehead, swelling to side of my head
    Nose broken to bad its bent pretty big to one side and dropped down so i have to get it re broken and shaped.

Thing is, despite stopping my mate being hurt I still feel use full as fu*k because he still got put on the deck. All of my mates who have heard about it say ive got big balls and brave for doing what i did but it was a reflex reaction to put myself in the situation knowing the outcome any way as i dint want him hurt.

The fuzz are on it so thats good!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Sorry…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAAnZ0JKGo[/video]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

pingu66
    Free Member

Twunts, one thing I would say is that I hope you got a few of them.

Its ok being able to “look after yourself” but even if they are only 14 or so you cant handle 8 of the little feckers. Its also the last thing you want on a night out.

There may be cctv etc, report it to the police.

Hope you get well soon.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think you have to get involved in this sort of situation. Look at it tho and try to see if there are any lessons to be learned? Could you have avoided it entirely? Could you have done anything more?

One thing I have thought I would do in that sort of situation is roar / shout / scream as loudly as possible – might give you a few more seconds to get your mate to his feet / leg it.

Well done for trying / doing your best for your mate. You cannot leave him lying on the ground and vulnerable.

I have intervened a few times in this sort of situation and so far come out of it intact but its scary

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Wear a helmet next time your out.

pingu66
    Free Member

The only thing I will add to whats been said, is make sure as soon as you are well enough to go for a beer. You don’t want or need this sort of thing weighing on your shoulders. It can be a massive hurdle but the sooner you do it the better. You may not even think it at the moment but from an experience I had it can happen. Bit like a bad off, get back as soon as you can.

thegreatape
    Free Member

So it needed 8 of them to be brave enough to take you on after you stood up for your friend.

It isn’t you that’s useless mate.

whyterider19
    Free Member

Good on you fourcrossjohn!! It does take some very big balls to step in against overwhelming odds. Who knows what would have happened to your mate if you hadn’t stepped in. With 15 of the little shits beating on him it would have been a very different story. Sorry to hear your laid up, time heals all and you should take some comfort in the fact that you have a strong spirit in you. The measure of a man is not how many times he gets knocked down but how many times he gets back up. Let us know how your getting on.

HermanShake
    Free Member

What a horrible situation! Glad it sounds like you and yours are ok compared to how it could have gone. Good on you for defending your friend.

Where abouts did this take place?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

Isle of Wight

what makes it worse is one of them little scrotes used to come riding with me .

My mates dad is a ex copper so hes not happy in the first instance!

MussEd
    Free Member

You know them??? Or one at least? Get round there pronto…with or without the police.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have to say being a small island some element of restorative justice might be a good idea – let him see your face and see what he has done – might just trigger some guilt / remorse / change of attitudes. This is done with good results in appropriate situations.

bwaarp
    Free Member

My brother and a friend got started on by 5 6-foot rugby players including an England under 19 player. Now considering they are 5 foot 9/10, between the two of them they kicked the **** out of all five of them. His advice when defending yourself has always been to go completely psycho and fight to kill the other person and then back off before you do, if you can’t be arsed defending yourself properly you should just run off.

He wasn’t taken by surprise though, I wouldn’t blame yourself. Your friend got sucker punched out of the blue so you didn’t really have time to react properly and 1 vs 8 is a little to much to handle. **** little pricks.

I hope you and your friend are okay.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

This thread is useless without pictures.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

I wont post pictures.

Annoying thing is only 3 friends out of the overal group have got in touch to see how am i am, its as if the others dont care :/

I cant even put a bike helmet on to ride (even if i could) because of the swelling to my forehead :/

meehaja
    Free Member

15+ people fighting in a nightclub is something to discuss with police re: licensing, let alone the underage issue!

Hope you heal soon, and you do realise that your “friend” who came with you in the ambulance fancies you…

bwaarp
    Free Member

Annoying thing is only 3 friends out of the overal group have got in touch to see how am i am, its as if the others dont care :/

Now you know who your real mates are.

Very few people will take a punch for you in life. I’ve found when me and friends have come away from things like this and stuck up for each other…. there is a higher degree of earned trust and stronger friendship.

So it’s not all negative. Then again some of my friends are a bit crazy and actually enjoy fights even if things go utterly wrong for them. 😐

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

All though, one of my best mates who is 6,3” and does alot of weights and heavy lifting said he wudnt even wanna take me on.

I developed the reputation in school of not going down even if i was broke, and that was as a geek!

pingu66
    Free Member

Yeah I agree, some “restorative justice” like go around and kick seven kinds of sh1te out of the little fecker.

secondly, only three of your mates been in touch, not sure how many of you there were but in my mind they should have bailed in and you wouldn’t be in the state you are.

Unfortunately non of the above is the “right” way to deal with it and you are probably respectable with too much to lose which tends to hold most of us back when some fekwit deserves a right shoeing.

Sorry but sometime I just get annoyed.

Get well soon man.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

only 2 others were present my mate and the lass.

The others all know about it tho :/

I cant afford any more violence as i’m joining the navy and going through my security check, i so much as get put under caution and i am in the sh*tter

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I just remembered this thread of yours…

Have you thought of not fighting? Or not trolling?

I saw the sad news story of the parents of that lad who got killed by one drunken punch and have started the Every Action has a Consequence Campaign.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Forget them. Good luck with the Navy, you’ll make less fair weather friends when you join. 😉

ROFLMAO @ Yeti’s link. Year 10?

That link reminds me of one of my old schools. 😆

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

yeah, that is me. How ever that is over a year ago before i left school.

I am now in a situation where its little kids getting on the ‘men’ and its a dodgy place to be

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

4X – it’s not that dodgy if you keep getting your arse kicked!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Fourcross john – if its not for you its not for you but this from where I sit looks like it could be useful.

http://www.restorativejustice.org.uk/what_is_restorative_justice/

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

the ‘meet them’ approach has never been a good one in my personal opinion

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

Spoken to hospital and I go in tommorw for a pre surgery check up to see what I have done. Will be admitted to day surgery for an op on my nose to re brake it, straighten it and then move it back into its proper place on my face

stevomcd
    Free Member

Stepped in for a mate once in a similar situation (random bloke came up and lamped him in the pub – he wears glasses and his face was cut to bits). Just one bloke so I tried to restrain him rather than thump him back. Ended up with the **** literally chewing on my ribs – drew blood and everything. He was completely out of it. Think I did hit him at that point, memory is a bit vague…

His mates came over later and were a wee bit aggro at first, but actually ended up apologising to us.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Had something similar (ish) in a club in Morecambe of all places!

We had gone out for a few beers and then gone back to the digs where my friends lived, whereupon on of the other people said do we fancy going to this club round the corner? At the time i had a bright red mohican so stood out a wee bit, i asked what sort of place it was and they said it was a really chilled acid/jazz type place – no, ive no idea either!
    Anyway, we are in there and unbeknown to us one of the friends of the chaps who’s idea it was had gone to the loo and some scrote had started on him. The friend was pretty handy it turned out so he left said scrote in a pool of blood in the loo and wandered back to us without saying a word.
    Sure enough, scrotes mates attacked us (remember we had no idea why this was happening) i remember someone getting my hair in his hand and start kicking me in the face so i rugby tackled him and we fell down some steps.
    Bouncers came up and broke it up, we were all covered in blood etc and one lad was pretty out of it, sat in the foyer not having a clue who he was etc.
    Anyway, i saw one of these attackers boasting outside at the top of the steps, so i went through the doors, tapped him on the shoulder and headbutted him clean down the steps! Thing is, just at that point i remember hearing a smashing sound and turned round and hit out at the bloke behind me who then ran off.
    Turned out he’d hit me with a Newcastle Brown bottle but i hadn’t noticed as i was revving a wee bit.

Got taken to hospital to have my face stitched back together – cheekbone and ear from the bottle and lips/gums/chin from the boot to the chops – i was a right bonny bugger for a few weeks afterwards.

Seems you can simply be in the wrong place at the wrong time and if some idiot wants to hit someone…

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

An update for you all:

Had the op yesterday on my nose after being put to sleep, re broke it and broke it in a new place and cut my nose open to fix it 🙁

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Good for you.
    Karma will have its day.

Gunz
    Free Member

4cross, please don’t jeopordise a decent career by getting further involved. In a couple of years you’ll be sailing the world on a good wage whilst these scrotes will probably still be kicking their heels.
    See you in the Fleet.

DezB
    Free Member

Why thread called Big Brass Balls?

compositepro
    Free Member

what makes it worse is one of them little scrotes used to come riding with me

This bit irks me slightly on your behalf

Go round on your own find the little c*** and break his back, make sure there are no witnesses or anything

and then get another name it’s quite amazing how when cornered one by one folks scream like little girls.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

I know i cant afford to get further involved! Just a shame as the justice system will fail again

heckler73
    Free Member

shame you were not already in the navy, you could ” dexterise ” their sorry asses and dump them at sea……………

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Big brass balls’ is closed to new replies.