Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Big Bike Bash Info
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I will be writing the info email this evening covering things like directions, where the nearest chemist is, site plan, approximate event schedule, nearest cash machines.

Any info you guys would like to see included?

Cheers

4 days to go and not even a little frazzled.

peteimpreza

Will the bar be open on Friday night?

Muke
    Free Member

Can we pitch the tent in any of the existing camping areas or are we in a dedicated field ?

carbon
    Free Member

What time does it start?

julianwilson
    Free Member

gear ratio and tyre choice reccommendations would be right up some people's street 😀

Proper looking forward to it btw!

dobo
    Free Member

not got a ticket as i'm out friday night and will not rise till midday sat, probably
    Can i buy a ticket on the day?

What time do bands start/finish

What times do the main race start and the night race?

my tent is foobar, can i sleep in the car if i have too much fun…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Pete – Bar may be open Friday if the beer has settled. It is a proper beer festival with proper beer so it has to stand. There will be wine and lager if I can persuade Luke to open up. There will also be food available, probably a big chilli.

Muke – Free camping is ion a dedicated field, the normal Avon Tyrrell sites need to be booked direct with them.

Carbon – 10am Saturday through until 4pmish Sunday

Julian – Ride what you like. It is the New Forest, not the Alps

dobo – No excuse, buy a ticket now. Bands are about 4pm until the DJ starts at 1am. Night race is probably 8pm. No tent? Better hope you get lucky 😉 Sleep in the car if you have to.

luke
    Free Member

Bar open on Friday, if you have the cash i'll take it off you. So thats a yes then

rOcKeTdOg

nearest S&M/ladyboy bar?

heckle1uk
    Free Member

there are pubs in burley village approx 5- 10 min ride.

luke
    Free Member

why would you want a pub, with a beer tent on site, serving excellent local products and some from a bit further away.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bar open on Friday, if you have the cash i'll take it off you. So thats a yes then

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!
    See you Friday night then!
    😀

rOcKeTdOg

do burley village pubs serve food etc?

heckle1uk
    Free Member

yes probably only to 9pm.i think we have some available on site.

DezB
    Free Member

DJs start at 1am? I thought this was a family oriented festival.. 😕

DezB
    Free Member

No comment? I'm interested to know if the camping area will be suitable for my 6 year old to sleep in, or whether the wife will have to run him home for Saturday night (she is going home anyway to see to the dog, so its no big deal). cheers.

Clink

DJs start at 1am

I am also worried about this – not ideal for kids (or my wife!) 🙁

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Relax about the DJ. I am planning on sleeping too. The main Camping is far enough away from the stage for this not to be an issue. There is the entire arena, a lake and a strip of trees blocking the noise. The avon Tyrrell camoing has a manor house and woods between it and the stage.

Sorry for any concern caused.

We are aware of the audience and will play it accordingly.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

There will be food friday night. I think it is a planned to be a large chilli.

DezB
    Free Member

Sorted, cheers!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Wow – I thought everyone on STW would have bought there tickets by now. Loads of sales today. Keep up the good work.

thomthumb
    Free Member

please invclude me on the email. will be along to help on friday.

please sort out some lager – i'll drink enough to make it worth while. don't do ale "tastes like you milked a tree" ciders fine though.

thomthumb
    Free Member

is there veggie food?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Wow – I thought everyone on STW would have bought there tickets by now. Loads of sales today. Keep up the good work.

The weather forecast is looking fairly good right now! There's the reason!
    😀

See y'all Friday!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Thom – Cider and veggie. Some lager but probably tinned or bottled. It is on sale or return. Beer I have to drink everything that gets left behind. 😉

Weather is excellent for the entire weekend

luke
    Free Member

The cider is good stuff, went to the cider farm to pick some up today 😀

coopersport1
    Free Member

Are there proper camping facilities? i.e flushing toilets and decent showers
    or is it hell in a box?
    Makes the difference for wife and kids?
    Are dogs allowed?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

We are taking over a 65 acres Youth Activity centre. This means that as well as the extra toilets we have in the camping area and main arena we also have their permanent facilities. This means mains powered shower. Brick built toilets. Okay, the camping is in a field but a short walk to a warm shower is better than a cold shower close by.

My wife has bought 60 toilet rolls to give out free if anyone runs out. We are paying extra to get the toilets cleaned and serviced between 4pm and 6pm on Saturday night.

Toilets seem to be REALLY important to the ladies.

Also just found out that B&B in the country house over looking the swimming pool and main arena is only £12.50 per person per night!!! That is a proper bead with proper toilets and showers in a big manor house(look at their website) with breakfast. Only £12.50 per person is an absolute steal.

I found out when MrsWCA said she was staying there and was I still camping?

luke
    Free Member

Thats a point, I need to sort out some camping kit.

luke
    Free Member

Thats a point, I need to sort out some camping kit.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Luke – I got you 2 8Mx4M marquees, how much space do you need?

luke
    Free Member

I meant for me not my beer 😀

juan
    Free Member

what about my human contacts needs?
    what would be provided 😀 I mean I cant do with just rocket dog and peterpoddy I need more than that 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Juan – the New Forest ponies run free, catch one

juan
    Free Member

btw i got no light can you sort something for me with the guys at USE that would be wicked mate
    mucho love

Juan

coopersport1
    Free Member

Ye ha I just got the complimentary tickets from BigDog to BBB, don't feel bad at all because a. saved a few quid, b. I rode BigDog anyway! Do I just hand them in on the day? And can i purchase kids ticket on the day?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

WCA – Re.Food – Will there be breakfast available? Coffee?
    😀

DezB
    Free Member

And can i purchase kids ticket on the day?

Kids tix are 1p !

Clink

Did anyone find out if dogs are allowed??

DezB
    Free Member

No, they aren't.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Big Bike Bash Info’ is closed to new replies.