Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bicycle related quotes
  • uphillcursing
    Free Member

Let us have your favourite.

The hardest part of raising a child is teaching them to ride bicycles. A shaky child on a bicycle for the first time needs both support and freedom. The realization that this is what the child will always need can hit hard. ~Sloan Wilson

And

Mankind has invested more than four million years of evolution in the attempt to avoid physical exertion. Now a group of backward-thinking atavists mounted on foot-powered pairs of Hula-Hoops would have us pumping our legs, gritting our teeth, and searing our lungs as though we were being chased across the Pleistocene savanna by saber-toothed tigers. Think of the hopes, the dreams, the effort, the brilliance, the pure force of will that, over the eons, has gone into the creation of the Cadillac Coupe de Ville. Bicycle riders would have us throw all this on the ash heap of history. ~P.J. O’Rourke

Sorry if this has ever been done before…

Garry_Lager

It never gets easier, you just get faster. – Lemond.

Handsomedog
    Free Member

“Training is like fighting with a Gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the Gorilla is tired.”
    Greg Henderson

sweepy
    Free Member

HOW **** much? – My Wife

petrieboy

Get a bicycle.  You will not regret it if you live.  ~Mark Twain

Amos
    Free Member

What tyres for (insert place name or weather condition)

Karl33to
    Free Member

Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever. – Lance Armstrong

Gary_C

“Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.” —H. G. Wells

Lionheart
    Free Member

“Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia ” ~ H.G. Wells

and I know not aimed at bikes, but a great quote that is on ‘spog’ james’ (DH Racer) wall

Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” Steve McQueen

Merak

‘Put me back on my bike’ Tommy Simpson, although this is famously a misquote. He didn’t actually say that.

Oggles
    Free Member

HTFU – anon

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bicycle related quotes’ is closed to new replies.