Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • BFe what forks you running?
  • Rockape
    Free Member

Building a Bfe and was wondering what forks other people are running. Not had much experience with forks so looking for ideas. Was thinking of putting 140 travel forks on. I had thought about RS pike coil but lots of people say they are heavy and old technology now. So what’s everybody else got let’s have pics and reviews please. Was looking second-hand didn’t want to spend over £400.00 as I need to budget for rest of build. Thanks in advance for your help. 😕

sambob
    Free Member

Pikes are heavy, but they’re stiff as a stiff thing and incredibly reliable, mine are as good now as the day i got them, probably done about 1000 miles on them so far. Good resale value too.

Rockape
    Free Member

Cheers Sambob
    Are yours coil?

sambob
    Free Member

Yup, 426 coil U-turn with steel steerer, so the heaviest version they did at about 2.3kg.

stevede
    Free Member

Here’s mine in this thread and some more: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/show-us-yer-bfes-plus-pics-of-mine-built-up
    Just managed to get hold of some push tuned pike 454 u-turn air’s to replace the standard ones which i’m hoping will solve the issue of the forks struggling with fast repeated big hits on rockier terrain. A u turn fork suits the BFe well imo, normally mine sits around the 130mm mark but wind out to 140mm for more dh stuff or down a bit for jumping. If your worried about weight maybe look at the Sektor or Revelation 2nd hand.

Northwind

Mine had 150mm Revelation u-turns in… Ideal.

Rockape
    Free Member

Thanks stevede nice looking build cannot wait to get mine done. Long way to go yet.
    Thanks Northwind I have also looked at Rev’s it’s a fork minefield out there.

Northwind

Nothing wrong with Pikes btw… But yep, a bit old. IIRC even the Revelation Races have the improved rebound dampers now. There’s a noticable difference in stiffness though- whether you mind or not is another question, I notice it whenever I swap from my Lyriks to my Revs, then i forget about it, doesn’t affect my riding.

There’s an odd halfway house fork, the 140mm 426 Revelation Maxle is basically a lighter Pike. Good option if you can find one.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

coil Lyriks here.

Big fan of the Pikes here too. Had a few pairs on 456s and they were/are an excellent tough, trail fork. I’ve also got some 20mm coil Sektors and they’re definitely not as burly as the Pike.

I don’t think there is a equivalent RS fork nowadays…

st

Coil Pikes on my BFe. They are great. If you’ve chosen a BFe over a Soul then what are a few more.games on the forks?

The only fork I’d currently contemplate as a change would be a Lyrik as I know they are even better.

Revs and Sektors appear to be more flexible and the damper on the Pike seems bomb proof.

Rockape
    Free Member

Wow pikes are a big favourite for a hardcore BFe. Pikes do have a very loyal following. Thanks everybody for your imput all your help and information is very much appreciated. Keep the info coming everybody more pics if poss so we can see those BFe builds.

_tom_
    Free Member

I had Pike 454 (dual air) on mine and seemed like a good match. Here’s a pic with them wound in a bit, on a very easy/flat ride. Kind of wish I didn’t sell it, got such a good deal on that frame.

FieldMarshall

U-turn coil Sektors 150mm on mine. Generally run them at 140mm. Rides really well.

Prefer them over my Pikes, but my Pikes have never been great.

jambon
    Free Member

Got Wotan’s on my C456 which work a treat – similar to a BFe.(?)

Northwind

st – Member

the damper on the Pike seems bomb proof.

It’s the same as that in the equivalent Revs.

Rockape
    Free Member

Hi everybody just thought I’d give a quick update. Seen some pikes i am keeping my eye on. So if all goes well it’ll be new forks in the BFe. That leaves the next thing wheels thinking hope hubs with white crests of flows ( frame is blue). Hoping to get it built before the end of the year. Will post pics when finished. Thanks for all the help

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘BFe what forks you running?’ is closed to new replies.