Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best way to sell DVDs?
  • Special_ized_Jamie

I have started putting all my media onto hard disk so I no longer have need from my CD’s or DVDs. Anyone one know of a good way to flog em?

I’m think car boot but any other ideas? Had a peak at Musicmagpie but they offer next to nothing for them so they can make their margin.

donsimon
    Free Member

With lots of luck. Have a look at Ebay to see the level of offer. You’ll be looking at 50p each if anyone wants them. I’m looking to shift over 100 and sold 0, I’m not prepared to pay 10-20 quid for a pitch at a car boot sale.
    Good luck.

bensales
    Free Member

I used a mix of Music Magpie and my local CEX to shift a few hundred last year. You don’t get more than 50p-£1 in most cases, unless it’s something pretty rare.

Ebay was a no go for me, because again, you’ll only get 50p – £1, but Ebay require you to offer free P&P on CDs or DVDs, so you’re pretty much guaranteed to make a loss.

donsimon
    Free Member

but Ebay require you to offer free P&P on CDs or DVDs, so you’re pretty much guaranteed to make a loss.

No they don’t, 1,25 GBP per dvd max.

Stoner
    Free Member

I have just sent 242 CDs to MusicMagpie, and they will be sending me a cheque for £202. They even pay for the courier to come and pick them up.

Bloody fantastic!

bensales
    Free Member

Ebay fees…

No they don’t, 1,25 GBP per dvd max.

Oh, fair enough, it certainly was the case when I sold this load, but that was a year or so ago.

footflaps

I gave all mine away to charity shops – it’s barely worth the effort trying to sell them.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m always after good dvds and blu-rays 😈

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best way to sell DVDs?’ is closed to new replies.