Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Best way to do roast spuds
  • JonBoy
    Free Member

So the big day is almost here. I usually boil them till almost cooked/going fluffy then roast them in goose fat with a little garlic.

How do the rest of you roll?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sounds good but I only par boil (King Edwards) and give them a good shake in the pan to fluff up the outsides. Lovely crispy outsides then.

wallop

goose fat, sea salt.

alfabus
    Free Member

boil for 6 minutes, rattle them around the pan to fluff the edges. dump into hot olive oil. turn them over once about half way through cooking. vary the cooking time depending on how big you have made them (45 mins up to 1.5 hours).

Dave

Nick

pretty much as above, but make sure the fat (lard, dripping or goose fat) is nice and hot, I fry my potatoes in the fat in the roasting pan on the hob for a min to get them started.

about 15 mins from end add some rosemary

nmdbase
    Free Member

Par boil, fluff and cook in beef dripping 🙂

monkeyp

Im with nick on this. Start them off on the hob – and you don’t need much fat then. About 1 table spoon per person. Olive oil works fine too.

munkyboy
    Free Member

+1 olive oil all the way

RichPenny
    Free Member

Par boil, fluff, salt. Into hot olive oil, add some garlic cloves and Rosemary half way through.

grantway
    Free Member

alfabus – Member
    boil for 6 minutes, rattle them around the pan to fluff the edges. dump into hot olive oil. turn them over once about half way through cooking. vary the cooking time depending on how big you have made them (45 mins up to 1.5 hours).

Snap done it this way for years and you get the best Roast potatoes

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Maris Pipers.

Boil for about 10 mins.

Heat up olive oil with Italian herbs added.

Fluff spuds up in pan and add to oil. Coat spuds completely in oil.

Roast for 40-60 mins, turning once. Great result every time.

samcamsdad

par boil, place in pan of hot olive oil. drizzle oil over spuds and sprinkle cous-cous over the top. cook till golden, with a couple of shakes inbetween.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

+1 on the Maris pipers…

cchris2lou

biggest mistake is to use too much oil or fat .

when half way through you turn them round , get some of the oil out .

loum
    Free Member

oven

scottw
    Free Member

Going to try some markies that I got from work this year, seem like a really nice potato. Cooked pretty much as alfabus said, perfect roast tatties!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Best way to do roast spuds’ is closed to new replies.