Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • best /warmest 'rigger' boots
  • turneround

can anyone point me in the rigt direction for a super warm pair of rigger boots after almost loosing toes today in -12

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I’ve got some decent Doc Martin Steeltoe riggers. Matched with a pair of skisocks, they’re ace.

Wearing them today with normal socks no problem.

Pigface
    Free Member

H+S made us bin the rigger boots as they don’t have ankle support.

uplink
    Free Member

Just go up a size or 2 & wear 2 or 3 pairs of good thick, loose fitting socks

maccruiskeen

Don’t know if they are warmer than any others but quite liked some Karrimor ones I looked at – very light. But their largest are just a shade too small for me. Available in Sports Direct (oddly) if you have a branch near you and cost buttons.

However – my feet have never been cold in Catapillar boots and ordinary socks and they last for ever and ever

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

If you can cope with just standard steel toe cap boots, then DeWalt do some really good Goretex Steel toe and midsole. Both metal bits and the boot itsself are really well insulted. Not had cold feet yet even in worst weather (combine with snowboarding socks)

Have stood in a puddle which has refrozen around my boots with out me noticing in this resulting in much hilarity…

About £70 from screw fix but have outlasted my cheap steelies by at least three times.

-m-
    Free Member

Thor-Lo mountaineering socks for me – comfortable and warm. Never used fleece-lined riggers – most seem to be rather cheap and I’m quite keen on my DM ones (comfy and confidence inspiring…)

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

look up baffin boots.

working boots for extreme conditions.

CountZero

…or Kodiak boots. Safety boots with no steel parts to transfer cold, and fully insulated down to -45!
    http://www.kodiakbootsandshoes.com/product/4853
    Possibly a little over the top, though.

user-removed
    Free Member

Or just a pair of goretex para boots for only £39.

I’ve two pairs of (non goretex) para boots and they’re spot on for this time of year.

dontgetoutenough
    Free Member

Muckboots, not rigger though, they actualy come with garuntee to keep feet warm at -20, they’re steel toe cap, full neoprene wellies with 3/4 rubber, had them 2 years, good soles too, incredible footwear, search muck boot co

turneround

cheers… lovin the baffin boots, no stockists here though

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘best /warmest 'rigger' boots’ is closed to new replies.