Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • best pc based photo app thingy?
  • vondally
    Free Member

so looking for something to use on my photos to edit and enhance and you can clearly see I am a novice at this so could you recommend something that will work on a microsoft surface

cheers

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Lightroom from Adobe is probably the best in terms of functionality. Whether or not you’re willing to pay, you do not mention.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I still love the old Nikon Capture NX. Though it’s aimed at Nikon really, but control points are the best thing since sliced bread. They updated it and removed this feature! (they brought dev in house and couldn’t retain it apparently).

For basics, the built in Windows 10 Photo app has finally got some good editing improvements in later updates. Can’t selectively enhance areas but the lighting controls do fairly good adjustments of shadows and highlights without wrecking the whole photo. I often use it now for adjustments of phone pics. On occasion I want to make a good job of it so I switch to Capture NX. Most the raw files from my Nikon I’ll use NX for though.

DrJ

May not be 100% what you’re looking for but I’ve been very impressed by Affinity Photo, as a 50 quid replacement for Photoshop.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for the same thing to replace the now deprecated Picasa (from Google).

Currently using FastStone Image Viewer (free for home use).

It hasn’t got the best looking interface but does everything I need it to.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘best pc based photo app thingy?’ is closed to new replies.