Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Best new steel HT frame just now? (excluding Cotic Soul)
  • timnwild

Trying to find a good deal on a new steel HT frame for a mate, looking around for what’s good right now.

Only excluding the Soul cos I’ve got one and he knows about that already.

For long-lasting, good climbing trail fun – will be running 130mm forks, doing the odd jump, clattering down the occasional rock garden.

Genesis? Curtis? Dialled? Stuff I might not have thought of?

Thanks

DezB
    Free Member

Check this – looks like it’s gonna go for a great price. You’ve got about 10 minutes to decide though!!
    PA on Ebay

kayak23

In the great tradition of recommending what you own. I would say the Dialled Prince Albert is a classic, and rightly so. It’s brilliant and it does everything…

My PA is the green one at the back there. My mate just got that orange Ragley Piglet at the front there and that also is really, really nice. Great attention to detail on that frame, from the seat-stay logo to the chainstay bridge thingie….

Ignore the retro 90’s throwback Kona in the middle there.. 😉

wwaswas

tim have a look at;

http://www.kinesisbikes.co.uk/products/decade/virsa

I really liked my one.

Prestige Cycles in George St, Hove have one hanging on the wall if he wants to see one in real life.

DezB
    Free Member

£280! That was a bargain for someone. Although maybe the Manitous put people off 🙂

peterfile
    Free Member

That was a brilliant buy for £280! Jammy bugger.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Stanton Slackline, I rode a mates one and that is really lovely.
    Same fella has a Custom Curtis which is also good fun.
    Ragley bluepig / piglet as has been mentioned.
    Dialled stuff is really nice.
    If I hadnt gone Ti, then a Soul would have been my next change from a bluepig

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

plus 1 for the Kinesis Virsa, just bought one and built it up with an alfine hub. very versatile bike, as comes with swap-out sliding/normal dropouts for geared or singlespeed

mboy
    Free Member

The Kinesis Decade Virsa is a nice bike, built one up for a mate a while back, but… Its got quite a slack head angle, I certainly wouldn’t run it with forks longer than 120mm otherwise it’s a bit slow handling IMO.

Cheezpleez

Singular Buzzard – a truly fun 29er steel hardtail.

And, yes, I’ve got one. 😀

Clobber
    Free Member

+1 for the buzzard, very pleased with mine…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Best new steel HT frame just now? (excluding Cotic Soul)’ is closed to new replies.