• This topic has 19 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by gren.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Best MTB saddle for £30-40?
  • nickewen
    Free Member

Any suggestions? It’s for a new build and I don’t want to spend the earth. I’m just after a smart (probably black) saddle that’s not to hard!

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

sambob
    Free Member

I’ve used both a Charge Spoon (£20 new) and an SDG Bel Air (£20 slightly used) and both are good, depends on your shape though.

transapp
    Free Member

They’d be my two recommendations actually. Charge spoon fits my ars better, but it’s horses for courses

nickewen
    Free Member

Cheers for that. Just found a charge spoon on Wiggle for 14.99! Could save a bit of money here!

Best get back to work now 🙂

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve just got rid of Spesh BG saddles for Spoons. Fit my arse perfectly.

Taff
    Free Member

Cheers for that. Just found a charge spoon on Wiggle for 14.99!

Damn it! I’ve just bought aother

nickewen
    Free Member

Spoon ordered here as well for 14.99! Sorted.

Scamper
    Free Member

Bought a Spoon for £16 and was amazed how a cheap saddle could a)be so comfy b) fit so well and c) get rid of groin/lower back ache. My best bike purchase for a long time.

honourablegeorge

Depending on your arse, the cheap Fizik Gobi at Merlin might be a good bet – some like, some don’t.

mboy
    Free Member

Spoon’s are VERY arse specific. You either love them or hate them.

I tried for quite a while, but a mere dislike became passionate hate of them quite soon. Was briefly remedied by SDG Bel Air’s (comfy but a little soft for long rides), now been changed for Specialized Phenom’s in 143mm width. Can’t stress how comfy the Specialized saddles are, to my arse at least, in comparison to the Spoon. I swear I ride a lot more mainly cos I’ve got comfier saddles these days!

spacemonkey

Charge Spoon here as well I think. Pretty decent.

continuity
    Free Member

Spec henge is pretty comfy.

cooie

Got Spoons on all bikes, very comfy 🙂

colournoise

Think I might be a bit of a freak as I never see it mentioned in threads like this, but the Ragley Cheeky is the comfiest I’ve tried.

slainte 🙂 rob

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Big fan of the WTB Silverado, pretty minimalist but fits me and the comfort comes from shell flex not padding.

Having said that, Ive never seen a saddle as widely recommended as the Spoon and at 14.99 (less a bit from a cashback site, I’ve ordered one to give a try. In black and orange it should look good on my mandarin orange Orange.

nickdavies

Ta, just ordered a white one.

Hoping it doesn’t go the same way as the white grips did…. Dark bike with white spangly bits really was a bad colour scheme to build up for UK riding….

chestrockwell

Another vote for the Spoon. Far comfier then the Gobi it replaced.

I like Bel Air’s as well but prefer Spoon’s at half the price.

composite
    Free Member

+1 for the SDG Bel Air.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Going controversial here but I prefer the Madison Flux to the Spoon, and its basically the same saddle with slightly (softer) padding. And, cheaper 😛

gren
    Free Member

Very happy with my Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow. Wearing in nicely after a few miles

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Best MTB saddle for £30-40?’ is closed to new replies.