Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Best MTB Multi Tool
  • bedrock
    Free Member

Any one got a recommendation for a good Multi Tool? Doesn’t have to be the lightest or most expensive/cheapest. Just something that gets you out of the mire when out in the sticks.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I really like my topeak alien – all the tools I need including a chaintool – I don't carry anything else

bedrock
    Free Member

which one?

Northwind

Topeak Hexus- I had an Alien but it was quite bulky and a little awkward to use, and most of the extra tools aren't very useful on a typical bike these days. The Hexus has the same quality of tools (excellent) but without the extras, still has the same excellent chaintool. Almost perfect. Only criticism is that the tyre levers aren't very good.

ratadog

+1 for the Hexus. Actually +3 because each member of th efamily has one in their pack/bag.

Northwind

I think lezyne'll make something better sooner or later, all their tools are beautifully made but so far not as well thought out… But they're canny, they evolve their stuff if it doesn't work til it does.

woodsman
    Free Member

If anyone is interested I have a brand new, never been used Alien 3 that I'd sell. It was a gift and I already have an Alien 1 !

Email in member details if anyones interested. Sorry for the hijack OP. 🙂

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

topeak alien 2 http://www.topeak.com/products/Tools/ALiEN_II apart from loosing the wee spanner some time ago this tool has been amazing. i have had it for about four years now and its been ace. i have built bikes with it and taken it on every ride since. get one.

redthunder
    Free Member

Anyone know where to get Alien spares ? My chain tool screwy in bit has broke 🙁

alexonabike

I have a Topeak mini 18 and it is quite simply superb.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

try contacting extra uk ltd.

Jamie
    Free Member

Topeak Hexus/Hummer.

ratadog

+1 for the Hexus. Actually +3 because each member of the family has one in their pack/bag.

bedrock
    Free Member
    grahamt1980

Topeak Alien 2 for me. Perfect when you have got a group of scouts out riding with a random selection of bikes

br
    Free Member

Crank Bros 10, good long allen/torx tools – plus a Park chain breaker,

and a Gerber between a group of us

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

crank bros 17. Had one for 5 years, still good as new.

web_toed_marsdener
    Free Member

I rate my Crank Bros mini multi 10. Nowt like as heavy as a Alien. If I want to take spanners, I have flat steel, cut-out multi spanner.

Sockets are a bit ambitious for a multitool.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Topeak Alien 1, all I have ever needed and more for helping out others with 'old fashioned/ceap' bikes at the trail side. It would be great if a company could combine all the best bits of a alien allen key and driver wise (including 25mm Torx) with chain tool and pliers in the one device. Would save having to carry micro pliers too (cheap from Tesco).

Goz
    Free Member

Topeak Hexus.

bananaworld
    Free Member

ddmonkey

+1 for the topeak alien, got one years ago and its done me proud.

redthunder
    Free Member

Thanks bedrock.

I'd send them an email 🙂

AndyP
    Free Member

Cool Tool

mildred

topeak alien 2 – as above, I've built bikes with mine and had it for about 4 years. Even the built in tyre levers work, and the chain tool is better than the park workshop version.

z1ppy

CB 17 had it since 04 and it's ace, great chain tool & everything you actually need regualarly, without "all sing and dancing" features you never use…
    Only critizism I have of it, is that the allen keys are a bit short for some jobs, though the same accusation can be leveled at most multitools.

Ti29er
    Free Member

I've had quite a few.
    And there in lies a problem – losing things on the trail, losing the bag or the bag opening on the ride or me just being an a£se.

The present one has the chain toll too.
    I have never needed one of these. Then twice in 5 weeks and it saved me a non-ride at two trail centers.
    Small, lightweight, smart, all you ever need.

Topeak Mini 18. Outstanding

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Best MTB Multi Tool’ is closed to new replies.