Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • How observant are you when riding? A little question!
  • cinnamon_girl

Today's ride turned into a rubbish shortened ride 🙁 Thanks rubbish body 😥

So I did a little bit of trail maintenance then a bit later stopped to actually read this:

So … anyone know where this is? A little clue – darn sarf 8)

jedi

hatfield

carbon
    Free Member

Just off the A34, a few miles south of Newbury.

myheadsashed

litchfield?

Aeroplane blokey memorial

cinnamon_girl

carbon – 10/10 😀

igm

Just outside London, near France. Everything south of Sheffield is just outside London, near France.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Thanks rubbish body

don't be so hard on yourself c-g!

cinnamon_girl

sfb – I fell off, I'm getting old, I don't recover quickly enough. Shoot me 👿

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

sfb – I fell off, I'm getting old, I don't recover quickly enough. Shoot me

I fall off all the time 🙂 And I'm older than you. I'm convinced it's all in the head!

cinnamon_girl

sfb – sometimes it's in the head but I have a habit of ignoring pain. For example, 5 days of excruciating pain necessitated a visit to A & E. Diagnosis – broken collar bone 😳

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

For example, 5 days of excruciating pain necessitated a visit to A & E. Diagnosis – broken collar bone

duuuuh! I had the opposite – it didn't hurt at all but I knew it was broken and went straight to A&E!

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Judging by it being called 'Seven Barrows' I expect there'll be some megalithic burial chambers round there too…

jojoA1
    Free Member

…Or some allotments.

fadda

C-G, I wouldn't say that was anything to do with age, just that you must be rock hard if you could ignore a broken collar bone for 5 days! and sfb, I don't even know what to say if it wasn't even hurting…

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

…Or some allotments.

Ohh.. hoho. That's actually raised a chuckle. I'm not sure it deserved to but it did 🙂

jojoA1
    Free Member

Sorry to soil the thread with quips that dig the depths. Glad that I planted the seeds of a smile on someone's face though. 😉

singletrackmind

I laughed .

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I don't even know what to say if it wasn't even hurting…

it was strange, when I moved it, there was a funny clunking feeling in my shoulder which felt odd. When the doc asked me to move it in A&E I passed out.

cinnamon_girl

That was funny jo! Unfortunately the trail has been trashed by MX'ers so shouldn't think anything nice would grow there, particularly being in close proximity to the A34.

Rather worrying the way that a couple of old gits deal with pain … too many years of having to MTFU 🙄

cinnamon_girl

Actually, that sounds offensive Simon but no offence intended 😳

I don't mean it in an unkind way obviously, just my usual self-deprecation 🙄

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Actually, that sounds offensive Simon but no offence intended

you'll have to try harder that that :o) Yes I'm old. Yes I'm a git. Do I care ?

Keva
    Free Member

Hi CG…. did you fall off on that last bit of the downhill just before you get to that headstone ? As you come around the r/hand corner there that part of the trail has been really trashed and must have some 1.5ft foot deep ruts – it really winds me up 'cause there is a good berm on that bend and as you approach looks like you can go flying round it… cue… on with the anchors a bit sharpish. hope you are ok btw.

Kev

cinnamon_girl

sfb – thank you!

Kev – no, I fell off a couple of weeks ago and am still in pain. What's annoying is that a few years ago you could really rag it along through the beech wood down to the headstone. Those ruts are definitely getting worse and really ruins the flow.

mtbfix

Funny spot for it though, by the barrows. A forgotten reminder to Britain's part in the development of powered flight.

Did the construction of the A34 flatten any of the mounds, do we know?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘How observant are you when riding? A little question!’ is closed to new replies.