Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Best Flat Pedals
  • gaberin
    Free Member

Looking for some Pedals for my soon to be finished Trek ex 9, have been looking at superstars and some others.
    For the price i would be looking for some that are a good deal (any good sale ones) but up to around £50.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

screw thru pin nanos

emanuel
    Free Member

hold out for superthin tiogas,50quid(per pedal,but hey)
    got b143 wellgos,seem great,plus come with grease port.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

I don’t think there is a ‘best’ pedal. Superstar Nanos and Wellgo MG-1s seem to be popular and are both within your budget.

Liftman

Vault

coogan
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5199

Sorted. Only £22 and just keep going. Well, my two sets do. 7 and 4 years old I think.

gaberin
    Free Member

Like the look of the vaults, anyone got any/know anywhere i can get them for £50..

baronspudulike
    Free Member

I’m old school with flats so will say Dmr v12’s every time for me. Mag if you are weight conscious.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Check search function for nearly weekly discussion on the subject. I like easton flatboys, but the superstar/nukeproof/HT/Kona/carboncycles pedal is popular, pretty light, and well in budget.

steezysix
    Free Member

Superstars are good, get the thru pin version, not the grub screw one. Whatever pedals you get, do yourself a favour and get some decent shoes to go with them (5.10, Shimano, Teva) if you haven’t already.

PrinceJohn

I’m old school with flats so will say Dmr v12’s every time for me. Mag if you are weight conscious.

Apparently the nu skool of thinner flats is the way forward. The marketing people say so.

gaberin
    Free Member

whats the difference between the thru pin version and the other?

baronspudulike
    Free Member

I have noticed this but work on the premise of ‘if it ain’t broken don’t fix it’ and V12’s work so well.

Radioman

There are no “best ones” but lots of quite good ones. It will be interesting to see if shimano update their DX flat pedals. For me these are classic (great bearings and easy service)but yes a bit fat plus you need to change the pins to longer ones (supplied). the DX bearings are good and can also tolerate muddy XC trail riding if looked after properly.
    I also have Nuke Proof ones that are thin light and “modern”(similar to superstar i believe). If shimano were to build some high tech “saint” pedals with their best bearings i’m sure they would be a winner.

gaberin
    Free Member

got the superstar nanos 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

Wellgo mg1 s.. fairly cheap and light.
    Picked some up for £26 on ebay last week

gixer.john
    Free Member

gab – where di you buy them from and how much?

billysugger
    Free Member

First ride on some sunline v-0ne’s at Stainburn tomorrow. Feel smooth as but they are wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide

gaberin
    Free Member

gixer.john

superstar usual price..

scruff
    Free Member

Saw a pic of some new on-one ones t’other day.

weeksy

Sorted. Only £22 and just keep going. Well, my two sets do. 7 and 4 years old I think.

This

merida3000d
    Free Member

dmr v12 for weight or the dmr volts for look and grip i have both and both grip well but when they slip they bite

zbonty

My two pennys
    Wouldn’t disagree with the above recommendations but I found DX bearings fiddly to adjust and couldn’t swap to the longer pins from new so never really used them.
    Have Straitlines on the mtb which are good but wear easily/require new bushes too soon(pricey)

DMR V8s on my commuter (3000 miles last year alone). Were on various bikes before. Purchased new when I worked in LBS in 1997.
    Never been serviced-they do rattle but thats a ‘security feature’ when on trains!
    Name another mtb component that has had daily use without attention for 15 years!!

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Like the look of the vaults, anyone got any/know anywhere i can get them for £50..

I got a couple of pairs from Swinnerton Cycles in Cannock Chase on Monday for 45 quid a pair.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Best Flat Pedals’ is closed to new replies.