Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Best Flat Pedal
  • mark_b
    Free Member

V12’s with a pair of Vans for me (size 15 feet) and i’ve never really found grip a problem.

If all these other pedals are so much better i’m expecting spd levels of grip if/when i switch pedals !

Tracey

Broke 3 pairs of the specialized ones, all replaced by warenty

Tracey

mangoridebike

another vote for kona WahWahs 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Easton Flatboys here. Still have a 3 year old set that have been hammered on a DH bike, now including a seasons worth of Alps DH & 2 seasons of DH racing. Never been serviced, never even looked at them. They just work.

Tempted to try some MG1’s or Wah Wah’s on my trail bike though as the Flatboys are probably a bit big & excessive for that 🙂

richc
    Free Member

How did the Lo-Pro’s break Tracey?

sq225917
    Free Member

got the spec pedals on my demo, crap seals, junk open ball bearings and you need to pack them oput with grease to stop them spinning so fast you can’t put your feet back on them after a corner.

I have mallets, good fro tracks you know well and don’t intend unclipping on.

But the nc sudpins are great..

jonb
    Free Member

Love my Xpedo ones. Had them several years now. Just stripped and regreased. Like new except for the scratches. Made by Welgo I think.

deus

love my pink straightlines (valentines prezzie from my g/f), my atomlab aircorps have also worked very well and are damn grippy too.

richc
    Free Member

so then, anyone know of anywhere doing straitlines less than RRP?

badambassador
    Free Member

So which 5 10 shoes do you recommend using with flat pedals?

Jimbo
    Free Member

The 5.10s everyone is refering to are the “Impact 2” in Low or High fit.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/SearchResults.aspx?Search=five+ten

🙂

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I use 5.10’s with Easton Flatboys and the grip is superb. The flatboys are also much bigger than the V12’s they replaced. Grippier too imho

badambassador
    Free Member

What are the best 5 10s to go for out of the low or high fit ones and why? Also what is the difference with the standard ones and the Sam Hill version?

Thanks.

Jimbo
    Free Member

What are the best 5 10s to go for out of the low or high fit ones and why? Also what is the difference with the standard ones and the Sam Hill version?

High or low depends upon how you like your trainers. Whilst I’ve not used the Highs, I’d imagine they offer a bit more ankle protection/support, at the expense of a bit of “movement” and a touch more weight (a tiny amount!).

re. the Sam Hills: just colour, AFAIK 🙂

Jimbo
    Free Member

re. pedals. V12s are nice and strong, BUT the bearings/bushings in mine are dead after <1 year. Granted they’ve had a battering, but have always been kept clear of the jetwash. Not massively impressed.

hicksville
    Free Member

Easton Cullys..still my favs
    Wellgo B 57s or similiar
    Easton Flatboys

SigmaF
    Free Member

Ringle Octanes Mags – great concave, bombproof durability and the lightest out there….these are a bit of a hidden gem…….4 seasons!!!! in Whistler on rental bikes!! and still no bearing issues!!!

Easton Flatboys choice numero 2

Jimbo
    Free Member

re. Straitlines for less than RRP, it seems that these:

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=18776

…are the cheapest.

jfeb
    Free Member

Ringle Octanes Mags – great concave, bombproof durability and the lightest out there

Octane Mags – 486g (according to their website)
    Wellgo MG-1s – 376g (according to their website)

mikee
    Free Member

kona jackshits
    v8/12’s
    syncros mentals

myheadsashed

Flatboys here great pedals.

MrNutt
    Free Member

deus

differences between Sam Hills and Impact 2’s

SH have a “proper” tongue whereas the, 2’s have a tongue that’s fixed to one side (inside) other than that i’ve found that the 2’s are a bit more water resistant due to the shinier finish and a higher inside at the ankle to offer a bit more protection, that’s about it. 2’s feel a little odd at first due to the tongue but fine once you’re riding.

BearBack
    Free Member

Wellgo Mags of a pretty dainty drop… Jamie the rider had some pretty nasty war wounds as a result… I’ll leave them thanks.

I’d look in the direction of Kona’s Wah Wah for a decent flat.

Dango
    Free Member

I used to use a Van/DMR combo, now 5-10/Gusset Slim Jim

Better grip although not excessive, slimmer pedal (slightly concave too)

MtbCol
    Free Member

I’m still using a pair of ancient Rob Warner shinrippers. Never seen the need to replace them! I usually ride with DC trainers with the DGT soles – super grippy! 🙂

momo

I’ve got size 11 feet, and I use Shimano MX30 pedals and some old vans slip ons, with the natural gum rubber waffle sole. Gives plenty of grip and support under foot.

Used to have V12’s, and bent one of the axles, also felt a bit small under foot

Prophet2
    Free Member

I’m using Easton Flatboys. Got them thrown is as a freebie when I bought my Prophet2. Very durable, good grip & size (I’m a size eight) wearing Shimano MT40s. Weight doesn’t bother me, lighter than the Wellago flats I was using previously.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Any of the NC-17 sudpin III users find that the platform is a little small?

jimjam
    Free Member

If there is one flat out there which is the best by far for all types of riding then I've yet to find it. Some ultra grippy, massively wide ultra burly pedals are just too heavy for an xc bike and obviously some of the lighter pedals simply aren't suitable for dh racing in heavy mud. 5 10s are simply the ultimate, AM 40s have their good points, both are vastly superior to any skate shoe. Imo 50/50s are dirt, v12s are grippy but don't feel nice, easton, burgtec and straitline are pretty heavy for the money.

I like a flat as opposed to concave pedal myself, azonic x frame are really nice if a little small. Reasonable weight too and cnc'd. If I had the money I'd like to get my paws on these….

guitarhero
    Free Member

pink straitlines for 89.99 here

coogan
    Free Member

I'm gonna say what I always say. Wellgo B54's. Over three years old and faultless. I'm starting to sound like a broken record…

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Best Flat Pedal’ is closed to new replies.