Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best curry near Afan!
  • hughjayteens
    Free Member

Heading to Afan this weekend and fancy keeping up the usual Friday night curry slot! We are staying quite near Port Talbot so can anyone recommend anywhere decent in that vicinity?

Cheers

Chris

RoterStern
    Free Member

If I remember there was a long line of restaurants catering for all tastes just outside of Swansea on the Gower peninsula which seemed to be quite the place to hang out of an evening.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Just looked on Google Earth and it's the promenade in Mumbles (great name! 🙂 )

jimmers
    Free Member

Google map link

Went here last year, it was recommended by a local. Good food. If you go ask one of the waiters about the local celebrity, Peter Singh (local famous Elvis impersonator), who sang hits such as "Bindi Baji Boogy" and "Poppadom Rock". Good food and good service.

thenorthernsmoothie
    Free Member

If you're near Port Talbot then I can recommend 'The Raj' in South Cornelly just off junction 37, one of the best curries I've eaten!

Ti29er
    Free Member

There was / is one just over the hill in the next town to Afan – opposite direction to PT. It's 15 mins from the car park. Maesteg down the bottom of the high street.
    It's an all you can eat buffet for about £5.
    Fill your boots!

roach

Agni's was Diplus in Port Talbot get's my vote. We live near Afan so it's a regular 😛

The Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi is "pukka"!

chakaping
    Free Member

The one in Maesteg was below average when I went.

DrDolittle
    Free Member

The one in Maesteg was below average when I went.

The buffet is, but the food ordered off the menu is surprisingly good.

chakaping
    Free Member

We ordered off the menu, might have caught them on a bad night.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

i would happily reccomend the jaipur on the seafront in porthcawl. it's my local and always been good. Never beeen there but people also rate the raj in south cornelly just off the m4 j 37

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Ended up having a great curry at Mumtaz in Maesteg. No sign of Elvis but perfect food after 50kms if W2!

forge197
    Free Member

I was going to recommend Mumtaz but you've been already 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best curry near Afan!’ is closed to new replies.