Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best cheap new cranks for n/w? Deore triple?
  • superstu
    Free Member

cheap n+1 bike is going to be 1 x 10 and I need new cranks

Am thinking I should just get a deore triple (as opposed to double for chainline reasons)?

Any better alternatives for around the same price (£60)?

Thanks

theotherjonv

Go Deore, bang for the buck has little to beat it.

mcnultycop

I went Deore. £50 odd, got £20 odd for the rings. If you think the BB costs a tenner, then you get cranks for £20.

unovolo
    Free Member

I’m running Deore double cranks in a 1×10 setup as I prefer the aesthetics of the double crank arm.
    Using 1 x spacer on DS and 2 x spacers on NDS for the bottom bracket.
    Superstar 30t NW ring which has the built in standoffs to stop the chain rubbing on the crank arms and chainline is perfect.

superstu
    Free Member

Thanks all much appreciated as ever

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

I went 1×10 with a Deore triple and Superstar N/W, no problems here whatsoever. Like mcnultycop I sold the (used) rings on for about £20 which recovered some of the cost.

Remember to get single chainring bolts since the ones with the crank will be too long – about a fiver from Charlie the Bikemonger.

mos

i went for the same option as unovolo, the aesthetics are better than with a triple.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Double again, looks better ascetically. Not had any issue with chainline.

devash
    Free Member

The new Deore cranks are fantastic. Stiff and not really that heavier than SLX / XT. With a CRC discount offer they cost me £43 with BB.

I bought the black ones and wish I’d bought the polished silver ones now though because the black anodising has rubbed off a bit. Apart from that though all good.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best cheap new cranks for n/w? Deore triple?’ is closed to new replies.