Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bespoke Suits. Are they worth it?
  • damo2576
    Free Member

Need a new suit and just noticed Reiss are doing ‘personal tailoring’ http://www.fantasticman.com/recommendations/ordering-a-suit/

I’ve never had a Reiss suit but might be a nice half way house between the terrors of the high street and Saville Row off the peg/bespoke?

br
    Free Member

I’ve a number of ‘bespoke’ suits, bought overseas – best fit by far.

But, if I needed a new one and wasn’t travelling I’d look for a local tailor.

VanHalen

depends on your shape. if you are joe average then there is little point.

i have touble finding an off the peg suit that looks nice as i`ve monkey arms broad shoulders and skinny waist.

me i have 2 bespoke suits and they are really nice and i’ve had plenty of comments on how nice they look. bangkok specials (but with posh materials) with a straighter (baggier) leg, cut to sit lower on the waist and slimmer jackets with long arms. i dont wear them alot so build quality is not an issue but its nice to look smart when you do.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    damo2576
    Free Member

True – if you’re a regular shape you can get away with off the peg from a brand that cuts of a block that suits you. Richard James and Dior both fit me ok – though I’m slowly growing (width ways!) out of Dior! Mostly I just get have to get the jackets tucked in at the waist.

Need a new work suit so didnt really want to spend a fortune, the Reiss thing looked good.

toons
    Free Member

You need to be a slim, to wear Reiss clothes.

thebunk

Basically with Made To Measure (MOM, not bespoke, which is proper expensive) you’ll end up with a suit that definitely fits you, so if you like Reiss suits but they don’t fit well or you desperately want to choose a different lining/material/style to what’s available in the shop then MOM is for you.

You don’t automatically get a better quality suit this way though. If you want a really nice quality suit then make sure you get one that isn’t fused, as dry cleaning kills fused (glued) suits. I’ve just found this out to my cost…

TooTall
    Free Member

Have a look at ‘asuitthatfits’ – not even close to bespoke, but similar to what you are looking at and possibly better than OTP. Saying that, OTP is fine for most people for a fighting suit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bespoke Suits. Are they worth it?’ is closed to new replies.