Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Berlin
  • luke
    Free Member

Got the option of going to Berlin for a few days for work, but could possibly fly the wife over and extend it for a weekend.
    So what's there to see and do in Berlin thats reccomended? Any places to eat reccomended?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

There's a big sex supermarket near the train station ;0)

luke
    Free Member

My sisters a manager for ann summers 😳

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Luke,it's a great city,plenty to do and see.Also,cheaper than London,Paris ,New York etc.
    Can recomend the revolving restauraunt in the Television Tower.In general the food isn't as good as in other major cities that I've visited,but it's decent enough.
    We liked it around the Brandenburg Gate. The Reichstag is near by and also the River Spree. (Boat trips available)There's a good atmosphere on the river bank.
    Alexanderplatz was another favourite.You can imagine the spies from East and West keeping an eye on each other.
    We had a rail pass for our second visit,cheap,convenient and dead reliable. Some of the Stations are amazing.
    Hope that you enjoy your stay.

colande
    Free Member

great city, was surprised how much i liked it.
    rent some bikes its a great way to get around(berlin is pretty big) you're able to see loads of different districts, and see more than just the tourist stuff.

will
    Free Member

Love Berlin, so interesting, and so much to see and do. Alexanderplatz is great! Also try and get up the balloon which goes above the city, it is tethered to the ground though…

Great night life/bars too!

kimbers

agree with all the above
    but checkout Kunsthaus Tacheles art warehouse for a funky alternative student drink in the courtyard at night

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I found it a fascinating place when I went there. But that was that was about 22 years ago and I've heard that East Berlin has changed a lot since then.

Bush
    Free Member

I lived in east Berlin for over a year back in 96..still one of my fav Cities of all time..Loads to do if you want.

If you like abit of shopping, vist the KeDaWe store on the Kudam..better than Harrods. The Food Hall on the top floor is worth the visit on its own !!
    Berlin Zoo is well worth a look. So is the Sealife Centre (take the trip Up inside the Huge Aquarium)

The museum at Checkpoint Charlie is very interesting.

And if you fancy a pint pay a visit to the Irish Bar in the Europa Centre and next door to that is a great Bavarian Restaurant that serves great food.
    Hope you have a great time…we always do when we go.

Bush.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Berlin's great – just get a good guide book and you can't go wrong. Brandenburg Gate area is lovely and Potsdamer Platz/Sony Centre is worth a look around. It's a great city if you're into architecture.

more pics here

corroded
    Free Member

Ditto all of the above – it's a fantastic city. Just watch out for the nude (mostly male) sunbathing in the Tiergarten – was a bit of a surprise! Haven't been recently so don't have specific recommendations but Prenzlauer Berg and Kreuzberg were good fun.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Berlin’ is closed to new replies.