Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Berkshire Woods
  • rootes1

likes the berkshire woods article in the latest issue of ST, nice to get some southern coverage..

shame though that one of the Berkshire woods is in Surrey, one in Hampshire and the other 1/2 in Berks and 1/2 in Surrey… 😉 😉

anyhow loads of riding around the berks, surrey and hants border area!

anjs
    Free Member

no there isn’t nothing to see here, move along

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yea, but its all a bit rubbish, and no the North isn’t any better, I want to go live in the Alpujarras 🙁

cinnamon_girl

Nah, the riding’s rubbish. People are miserable. There’s other far nicer places to ride. 😀

Keva
    Free Member

yeh it’s all crap riding round here… the hills are flat and the trees don’t have roots.

Kev

rootes1

anyhow loads of riding around the berks, surrey and hants border area!

oops I have broken the vow of silence…

shortcut

its grim down south, the beer is weak and the people are miserable & just about to be unemployed!

If you are after riding just out of london there is better to be had in the Surrey Hills, I gather Thetford is nice too or if you really must Swinley. The problem with them all is finding your way around. Even the locals get lost so its not much use asking them!

Best to ride in the North or at trail centres!

rewski
    Free Member

I might sell my house and move up north then, especially as the people seem so nice.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just bought the magazine, any other locals think they picked some really unimaginative angles to take pics from? Especialy the drop into tank traps? Saying that I dont think I’ve ever seen anyone drift the last corner on seagull run either……

Anyone fancy guiding arround the ‘not swinley but near swinley’ bits?

rootes1

Just bought the magazine, any other locals think they picked some really unimaginative angles to take pics from?

yep – but then if you don’t know which county you are in when taking them, not really surprising is it 😉

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

am thinking that they should have tried the gorrick 12:12 course at Minley – which is just about part of Yateley Woods (or at least is kind of in circle 3) – a large portion of which is being turned into a gravel pit

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Berkshire Woods’ is closed to new replies.