• This topic has 57 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by timc.
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Benitez
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

t®ibal©hief – Member

if Benitez had any integrity he would walk.

no way on earth he's going to – recently signed new contract guaranteeing him money they can't afford if he gets sacked or walk and get nothing. meanwhile everyone else can just watch on as they go from bad to worse.

snakebite
    Free Member

they were shite today, really shite.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Love him just love him….but I dont support them
    Surprised how poor this season has gone for them TBH.

surfer
    Free Member

Wenger would give his right arm for Benitez's "poor record" Funny nobody is baying for blood at Arsenal.

A team based on two players, who both went off. Their squad is very poor this season. Full of average players. Where did Insua and Lucas come from? they would struggle in our local county leagues down here,

Sounds like you have a lot of talent in "west Sussex" maybe you can feed some of that into Southampton?

theotherjonv

interesting comments on MOTD this am (last night)

Paraphrased – 'if I stay it will because the fans are so loyal'

IF – as the pundits picked up that's the first time he's ever even begun to offer the first inkling that he might consider walking….

Junkyard
    Free Member

Wenger would give his right arm for Benitez's "poor record" Funny nobody is baying for blood at Arsenal.

He weeps with envy at his league records and looks at his own premiership medals and the undefeated season and just blushes when he compares it with benitez's record. As do Ferguson and Mourinho – glad you lot are that loyal to him…the only people who suport Benitez as much as Liverpool fans are Man U and Everton fans. Long may your loyalty last.

surfer
    Free Member

He weeps with envy at his league records and looks at his own premiership medals and the undefeated season

His league record is pitiful in comparison to Liverpool FC and of course he relishes the silverware that the undefeated season brought him! Its an impressive feat but only a footnote.

Wenger is satisfied underachieving but playing attractive football and consoling himself with an occasionally successful group of 17 year olds that show he has an eye for talent but an inability to achieve in the area he wants most, Europe!
    He has also had considerably more to spend, as has Ferguson and Mourionio who are not hamstrung by the debt repayments of their owners.
    And when the boos went round Anfield last Wednesday they were not aimed at Benitez or the team, they were aimed at the owners.

mikey74
    Free Member

As a Liverpool fan I believe it is about time the football club and the fans stopped using the owners as an excuse for playing crap football. In his time at Anfield Benitez has gone through nearly 80 or so players and in all that he can't even put together a decent team or squad.

In his short spell at Tottenham, Harry Redknapp has put together one of the best squads in the country. Yes, I know they had some decent players to begin with, but he has also brought the best out of the players already there. This comparison alone should highlight the inadequacies of Benitez.

As much as I like Benitez as a person, his time has come to an end and should step aside now to allow someone else the chance to salvage our season and try to persuade Gerrard and Torres to stay.

People state the huge amount of cost to sack Benitez, but I am sure they could come to an agreement and state that it was a joint decision "for the best of the club".

Jamie
    Free Member

Funny nobody is baying for blood at Arsenal.

It might be just that even when Arsenal lose they still play some nice football? Also it might be because of the amount of money Benitez has spent on 'so far' poor players. I mean £20m for an injured Aquilani?

Junkyard
    Free Member

His league record is pitiful in comparison to Liverpool FC

but you actually said

Wenger would give his right arm for Benitez's "poor record"

you are correct your distant league history is better your present is poor- never won the premiership and Wenger has done it undefeated and a double double iirc.

He[wenger] has also had considerably more to spend

when you lok at the figures it is really close in terms of spending 🙄

since June 2004, Wenger has earned his club £27m from his transfer dealings and has spent £154m less that Benitez.

As I said glad you love him keep up your love affair with him, dont let the facts or the team's performance affect your judgement …he is great please keep him and get annoyed at the owners for not backing him.

From
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article6888955.ece

timc
    Free Member

Why we comparing Liverpool & arsenal or Benitez & Wenger? going in circles…

last time wenger won the league, Benitez won la Liga with Valencia, last time Arsenal won a trophy, Benitez won the champions league, the following season Benitez won the FA Cup & Henry fluffed his lines to deny Wenger Champions League success!

In recent times very little to choose between the clubs, pointless argument…

Im with Mikey74, The buck has to stop somewhere & its the manager, 5/6 months into a season where its gone from bad to worse. However as Surfer says, the problems at the football club run far deeper than whats happening on the pitch. Its a right old mess!

timc
    Free Member

In his short spell at Tottenham, Harry Redknapp has put together one of the best squads in the country. Yes, I know they had some decent players to begin with, but he has also brought the best out of the players already there. This comparison alone should highlight the inadequacies of Benitez.

So we are in our biggest Crisis in a generation & King Harry is working wonders yet is only 4 points ahead of us with his supperior squad… Lets not get carried away… ofcourse it may all change Wednesday, suddenly Liverpool's biggest game of the season I'd have thought.

Despite the worry, come the wistle at 8pm Wednesday, I'll still feel Liverpool can win the game (Not Saying they will), its just something you know Liverpool are always capable of…

Granted Torres & Gerrard plus others are out, but we have beaten the Manc's without them! 😆

Roll on the World Cup 😉

surfer
    Free Member

when you look at the figures it is really close in terms of spending

Not true. Benitez has a net outgoing of circa 16m for the last 3 seasons. Considerably less than the others. Your article is incorrect.
    By the way what good teams in Lancashire?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Surfer your figure is just utter nonsense to claim a £16 million spend – you either dont know much about the team you support, are poor at maths or are making it up as you go along. Which is it?
    Wengers actual spend even from 07/08 is less than Benitez and he made a net spend profit over that time. See links below to check or use Google
    Here are some other LIverpool fan sites that repeats the lie about transfer dealings , including the first one that repeats the incorrect article in full for some reason.

http://anfieldtalk.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-liverpools-transfer-spending.html
    http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2009/12/exclusive-liverpool-fc-net-spend_16.html
    http://www.liverweb.org.uk/benitez.asp this just list all the player sales so you can work it out yourself
    Other non fan sources
    Rafael Benitez’s Transfer Dealings In Focus

timc
    Free Member

Junkyeard, your figures are based on five & a half years.

Surfer stated three years.

duckman

Surfer; I would have thought that actually looking at some of the players Rafa has spent money on would have made you want to walk away from any discussion about who has spent the most…Nice of him to give Spurs £6 million to borrow Robbie Keane for 5 months.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes that is why I said 07/08, gave the figures and then posted up multiple links 🙄
    well done for checking the links before so have a chart from a Liverpool fan site – linked above.

So is the net spend for the last 3 years still about £16 m ?

timc
    Free Member

Im not bothered about expenditure… Rafa has been backed, you cant escape that!

This Wenger /Benitez talk is pointless, who cares about expenditure when you win trophies, or in the obove two, dont (recently)

If you want to knock anyone for expensive flops its the BIG spenders in Chelsea & Man Utd, but I guess it comes with the territory anyway! I doubt fergie was arsed about how much nani cost when he won the 3rd league in a row last summer…

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Benitez’ is closed to new replies.