Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Benefit fraudster…. Do i report him?
  • carbon337
    Free Member

There is a guy who lives in a street opposite me, he always has cars outside his house and people come and go buying them, he parks them on public land etc.

He doesnt work and he walks really bad – id say about 40 ish. I believe he is on benefits according to neighbours he also lives in a council house which if he is on benefits will be subsidised.

Anyway – I found his account on ebay selling all sorts including vans, cars, fishing equipment, power tools etc

The question is do i shop him and leave the authorities to decide if he is doing wrong or just ignore him and carry on boiling about working and paying my way in the world?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Report- if hes not doing anything wrong, he has nothing to worry about

IanMunro
    Free Member

Do what you like mate. Don't wait for peer approval.

carbon337
    Free Member

Im in two minds really – firstly he is actually quite disabled and shuffles around, so he is just doing what he can to top up his money and supply for his kid, however if he can manage to do stuff with chainsaws and other power tools he must be able to lift and do some sort of job.

jimster
    Free Member

Report him – the DSS will do chuff all.

Chap who lives by us claim and runs a successful landscaping business – he's even working for the Highways Agency as a contractor. 😯

kimbers

if you go over and kneecap him he deffinately wont be able to do any more jobs on the side!

id say leave the poor bugger alone

monkeychild
    Free Member

I would report him. Why should he get benefits and a wage? If he is clearly capable of working?

soobalias
    Free Member

if the neighbours say it, it must be true!

that said, if more people were comfortable informing the relevant authorities about fraud and the like, our society would run much smoother.

coffeeking
    Free Member

My first reaction is to call it in.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Blackmail? Just a thought…

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

You're paying his benefits. Are you happy with that?

ton

keep your **** nose out of other peoples business…………. 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

If he is claiming sick and he can run an EBAY account he aint sick. If he is noto n sick and he can run an EBAY business then he can get a **** job. Dont mind helping those who need it but do object to people having their cake and eating MINE.

how to guide

juan
    Free Member

that said, if more people were comfortable informing the relevant authorities about fraud and the like, our society would run much smoother.

Damn 60 years too late, otherwise you could have applied for a job at the gestapo.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Just get on with your life.

How will stopping someone from using inventive ways to top up the meagre income they receive from benefits help anyone ?

There are approx 2.5 million unemployed in the UK today (because greedy money grabbing bankers fecked-up) if a disabled guy can make do on benefit plus flogging the odd thing here and there, why would you want to force him into work or rob him of the right to make a few extra bob ?

"if hes not doing anything wrong, he has nothing to worry about"

Says who ?…………..have you not heard of "bureaucracy" ?

Harry_the_Spider

Report him. I'm having the tax relief on my childcare vouchers cut to pay for these work shy ####s.

Olly
    Free Member

either call it in, or send me back my share of his benefits (0.00001p, but ide still like it back please)

😉

carbon337
    Free Member

Interesting cross section of opinion.

THink i'll hold off for now till he next parks one of his 3 cars for sale on the grass in front of my house again – doesnt help his situation that he is a tosser otherwise I may have some sympathy for him.

grumm
    Free Member

Report him – the DSS will do chuff all.

With the overwhelming portfolio of evidence how could they not convict him? 😉

soobalias
    Free Member

😉

think i might find stiff competition from the other posters on this wonderfully liberal thread.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

doesnt help his situation that he is a tosser

You should have said that in the first place………….grass the **** up.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Sounds like another leach on society, Keep paying your taxes and when you get up early to go to work, have a look at his house bet his curtains are shut and he is still in bed. 😈

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Report him, just because he's disabled doesn't mean he cant work, no sympathy on that score. Just leave an anonymous message http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/BenefitFraud/DG_10014876

djglover
    Free Member

Kick the little man eh? What are you going to do to all the super rich that brought the country to it's knees? NOTHING I presume, but you'll happly make this poor chaps existance even worse?

PapaWheelie
    Free Member

What’s the colour of his skin?
    Obviously anyone so concerned as to whether a cripple is actually trying to do something other than sit at home and feel sorry for himself needs to make a judgment based on *all* the facts.
    Or, and here’s a thought, just man the &^%$ up, tell him to stop parking his crap on the public lawn and get on with your life.

And yes, I’ll go take my meds now.

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Depends what sort of benefits he's on… Some types of disability benefit allow people to earn a up to a certain amount quite legally.

As a general principle, I would not report anyone simply for attempting to make their lives a little easier, unless they were causing obvious harm to another. (And yes, I'm quite happy for my taxes to fund those who feel unable to sign up for 'voluntary slavery'.)

br
    Free Member

****, leave the cripple alone

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Karma.?

trailmonkey

How will stopping someone from using inventive ways to top up the meagre income they receive from benefits help anyone ?

That's not what's happening here though is it. It seems to me that the guy has an income already and just wants to top it up by claiming benefits as well. In a poorly paid job ? Tough sh1t, get retrained or educated and do something about it.

FWIW, I bet there's probably more people around hiding self employed income from the tax man than there are people fiddling benefits, although this guy could be doing both.

timber

drop him in it

seems perfectly capable of working, if he's claiming benefits he probably won't be paying any tax or rates like any other self-employed person/business

joe1983
    Free Member

How would you feel if he does get done, fined, with a custodial / community sentence. He would be struggling even more, his child would suffer. Would you be happy, proud even, or feel like a bit of a dick?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There are approx 2.5 million unemployed in the UK today (because greedy money grabbing bankers fecked-up)

Some of them are actually work shy lazy ****ers not all just some. If you are playing the system then tough. If your not then everything is fine. (I think there is a reward for shopping cheats)

and as everyone keeps saying as soon as those money grabbing bankers lend us loads more money to buy big houses we cant afford and everything else on credit the world will be right again

allthepies
    Free Member

shop the ****

genesis
    Free Member

Shop him, did it to some neighbours a few years ago who had a housing association house and they both worked full time and claimed benefit really stiffing for every penny. Turned them in, they were evicted in 2weeks.

epicyclo

Before you go reporting him, how do you know he is not reporting any profits he makes when he sells something?

My instinct would be not to make someone's shitty life even shittier.

joe1983
    Free Member

+1 Direct your energy into making your life better, not someone else's worse.

mikertroid
    Free Member

There are approx 2.5 million unemployed in the UK today

It's acutally more than double that but Nu Labour have a canny way of massaging the truth!

Anyway back to our fraudster:

Does he pay tax on his ebay trading? I bet not. No doubt if you reported him there would be a full investigation and if okay he'd be exonerated.

If he's a thieving **** then he can go swing.

Almost every commercial property has to have disabled access. If he can limp down the street and make a few bob, he can bloody well work for his state income.

MattPhotos
    Free Member

If you saw someone stealing from a shop would you say anything?
    What about if they were stealing from an old lady?
    A crimes a crime – anonymous tip all the way.

daveob
    Free Member

Shop him!

erbii
    Free Member

shop him..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Benefit fraudster…. Do i report him?’ is closed to new replies.