Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bees hate Mobiles!
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

Did anyone else see Jamie Oliver in Athens, and the farmer that stated his bees get lost when there is Mobile radio signal?!

Has there been any research into this?

There has t be a reason for the recent massive decline in bees. Don't tell me you couldn't care les, because without bees, we wouldn't have any vegetables or fruit. Studies suggest very bleak future for humanity if we lose bees!

retro83
    Free Member

Doubt it, but anyway i thought the decline of bees was down to some fungus or disease.

tracknicko
    Free Member

pretty sure that bees arent the only creatures responsible for polination.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Nope, pretty sure they are the only pollinators i can think of. Not a zoologist, oh, except for butterflies, and humming birds.

al_f
    Free Member

Given that all the evidence is that they navigate based on the sun, I'd say it's a load of rubbish. The true picture is rather more complex: spread of monoculture, insecticides, parasites like varroa,other diseases like colony collapse syndrome. Plenty to read online if you're interested.

p.s. oh, and apparently if bees disappeared tomorrow then it'd be game over for humans in about 4 years due to lack of food. Yikes!

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i'm fairly certain there's a 'correlative' effect. i believe germany has done some research which backs up the bees/mobiles linkage, but alas i'm too lazy to go find it…

ski
    Free Member

Was chatting to a Bee Keeper last week (I found a queen Bee in my shed at my allotment, which he was re-homing for me).

Got chatting about this subject and his queen bee stock has dropped from 90 to 30 over the last 4 years!

He was very pessimistic about it all, quite depressing.

Bees are important…..

coffeeking
    Free Member

pretty sure that bees arent the only creatures responsible for polination.

Pretty much are, the'res only butterflies left after bees AFAIK, and they're half wiped out due to pesticides.

More recent estimations about the life of humans after bee doom is about 7 years actually, assuming we don't find a way of pollinating plants ourselves on mass scales.

But yes, I've heard as al_f says that the major problem is parasites and disease, not mobile phones.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bees hate Mobiles!’ is closed to new replies.