Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Beer
  • Cougar

Sounds like something you’d have after a curry.

The morning after, that is.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bah! Too late to the Malet, all the Sign of Spring had gone!

Never mind, though, cracking lunch and a few pints of good stuff (Including Stonehenge Heelstone!) on Sunday.

Good ale at the Star at Tytherley on Saturday evening as well. Some lovely stuff from Romsey brewery, forget the name though!

So, weekend beer highlights?

allthepies
    Free Member

Down in the Test Valley for the w/e then CFH. Jealous! Beautiful part of the world.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Where were you, pies? It’s fine country, isn’t it? 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This sunny weather I’ve been slurping many a bottle of this:

And this:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fine choices, Darcy!

singletrackmind

CFH . Flack Manor Double Drop perchance??

yunki
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It was another Flack Manor, I think. Forget the name! Red pump clip….Good stuff, mind you.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with a decent gimmick beer though,

’tis the season….

Indeed ’tis!!! 🙂

I love this stuff. Not at all sweet and sickly like some other fruity beers; much sharper and tangy. One of me fave beers, from The Greatest City On Earth, too, so it’s a win-win! 😀

And it’s part of your five-a-day too. Nutritious and healthy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And it’s part of your five-a-day too.

😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Heh! You like that one innit Flashy? 😉

It’s a wheat beer, so it’s a meal in liquid form.

But Flashy; you know all about Meantime, you being a man of taste and sophistication and that.

Ooh, I think a trip to the Union is in the offing very soon…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have one of their IPAs in the fridge as I type, Fred…..

8)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Excellent!

They’ve expanded their range in recent times; now got a little microbrewery in Greenwich, in the grounds of the Naval College. Some stuff is exclusive to that one place.

Another one I’ve got to put a good word in for is Itchen Valley Pure Gold, brewed by Singletrackmind off this very forum!

It’s approved by such luminaries as myself, WCA, Poddy, DezB, MrNutt and many others. A true guarantee of quality.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Itchen Valley Pure Gold, brewed by Singletrackmind off this very forum!

A fine ale, and made finer by association. I didn’t know that was his craft!

I made beer for a summer, in a small Wiltshire brewery which is now Stonehenge Ales. Great fun. Oh, and I really CAN organise a pissup in a brewery. I have experience! 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah it’s true. He’s a very modest bloke about his genius, actually. But he brought round a load of bottles of it to a do at WCA’s house a couple of years ago (the do that spawned the BigBikeBash), and everyone was astonished by how good it was. I had to stash a case of it lest the other greedy buggers drank it all. 😉

For God’s sake don’t let him pour a pint when he’s had a few though…

CountZero

Fully approve of darcy’s choice of tipple, and yunki’s as well. Has a couple of pints of Old Speckled Hen this afternoon outside the Red Lion in Avebury, which slipped down a treat. I was reading some details about this:

which I commented on previously, apparently three pints a day offer 90+% protection against alien abduction, while wearing a tinfoil hat at the same time, available in a number of attractive colours, offers 100% protection. I need no further encouragement.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Can I get a Rasta anodised tinfoil hat please?

tommid
    Free Member

And very nice it was too. Had it with a curry…
    I am not a Yorkshire man, but its still good drinking..

yunki
    Free Member

I didn’t realise that Otter had become so popliar until I googled for that image.. I’ve spent the last 30 odd years living within a half hours ride of the Otter Brewery.. and I had assumed that it was just popular locally..

apparently a pint of Otter is sunk every 9 seconds in the UK..
    ace marketing

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

and I had assumed that it was just popular locally..

Isn’t that the great thing about great beer? I remember when Summer Lightning was only available in five pubs between May and October. Now everyone can enjoy it!

Meantime, as mentioned above, used to have a very limited reach, but not it’s on Waitrose shelves everywhere. Marvellous.

Sadly, some people still drink rubbish. 🙁

TheFlyingOx

I’m currently nursing a pint of Double Espresso, courtesy of the Bridge Of Allan Brewery.

£6 for a 4-pint jug to take out? It’d be rude not to.

Coyote
    Free Member

Hmmmm… It’s coming into Honey Beer season. Fullers may be on the menu for the coming weekend.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This sounds all wrong, but it’s wonderful. Real peach and melon aromas. Instead of the imaginary ones the toasted at your local wine club convince themselves they can taste 🙂

MrOvershoot

Had a bottle of Brains SA Gold this afternoon. Very nice it was stood in the sunshine on the Shropshire/Wales boarder 😀

Used to be my local brewery Wickwar brewery had a very drunken evening at the owners house Ray Penny “Ray the beerbloke”(some food was also involved but I can’t remember much TBH)

landy813
    Free Member

Get in to All Grain homebrew and enjoy some of your own fantastic beers

[/url]

Currently mashing in Cyprus

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

stood in the sunshine on the Shropshire/Wales boarder

Schoolboy or winter sports enthusiast? 😉

SA Gold is a fine, fine beer! Best served over a Welsh rugby victory! So, rather less often than I’d like…. 😉

weare138
    Free Member

This is my local brewery, all great tasting stuff especially the Cabrian Gold
    http://www.stonehousebrewery.co.uk/

chvck
    Free Member

This is my local brewery, all great tasting stuff especially the Cabrian Gold
    http://www.stonehousebrewery.co.uk/

I’ll agree, they do brew very nice beer!

MrOvershoot

CaptainFlashheart – Member

stood in the sunshine on the Shropshire/Wales boarder

Schoolboy or winter sports enthusiast?

SA Gold is a fine, fine beer! Best served over a Welsh rugby victory! So, rather less often than I’d like….
    Well spotted Flash 😉
    TBH it was at my mothers house ironically is very near thehttp://www.stonehousebrewery.co.uk/ but its much easier to visit than her living in Brittany. I blame the bottle of Claret since I got home 😉
    I agree though the SA Gold is a fine beer & my Step Mother would agree about the Welsh victory’s, despite her being brought up in India & Canada & teaching English @ Oxford she is still proudly Welsh!

mustard
    Free Member

This afternoon was mostly spent supping pints of Samuel Smiths Organic Wheat Beer in the sun by Cramond shore and very pleasant it was too 🙂

Sidney
    Free Member

I tasted ale heaven for me at a beer festival a few years ago:

It’s my local brewery in Essex. My local supermarket stock it and on Thursday I pick up a 32 pint polypin for my BBQ! Love it love it love it!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

This sounds all wrong

Why? I’ll tell you why:

It’s cos you’re a filthy, disgusting, warped, perverted deviant, that’s why.

No I’m sorry it’s got to be said. 😐

mustard
    Free Member

Gotta agree with Elfin; Golden Glory is rank beer!

djglover
    Free Member

Pretty much all badger ales I’ve ever tried are crap.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Golden Glory is just grand.

What the **** would you know about rankness of beer anyway?

Shouldn’t you be sipping red wine down at the local ponce bar?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Din’t say anything about the beer, it’s quite nice actually.

I was merely commenting on your abhorrent pervertitude…

CountZero

I love Golden Glory, it’s a perfect summer beer, bit like Blandford Fly’s a good autumn beer, with that gingery tang. Mmmmmm, luvvly.

CountZero

Oh, and elfin, I love the idea of a rasta tinfoil hat. It might be to special order only tho’.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

I have one of their IPAs in the fridge as I type, Fred…..
    In the fridge?????? Barbarian!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Beer’ is closed to new replies.