Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Beer
  • bakey

I’ve just had the most astonishing beer – Innis & Gunn – it hardly touched the sides, poss. the best beer I’ve ever had!

750ml bottles are on special at Tesco

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It is a nice beer that, I have to say. Even if it is from Edinbugger.

(Don’t tell TJ I said so though…)

Tom83

My fave at the moment is Banana Bread Beer. They chuck in nana’s as they brew it. Has an after taste of those foam banana sweet you had as a kid. One after a ride is a nice treat!

cinnamon_girl

Well, I have just cracked open a bottle, yes a bottle no less, of London Pride. London beer for a London gal. 😀

20% off in TSY’s favourite supermarket – Waitrose. 8)

I did buy two, is that being greedy?

carlosg
    Free Member

Halfway down a Hobgoblin , mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

CountZero

Just waiting for a mate to pick me up for the Friday night pub trip; there’s a couple of pints of Adnams Broadside waiting with my name on… 😀

onewheelgood

I’ve just had the most astonishing beer – Innis & Gunn – it hardly touched the sides, poss. the best beer I’ve ever had!

I was in Sainsburys today and I remembered this, so I bought some (special offer, 2 of the 750ml bottles for £6). I thought it was disgusting! Far too sweet, not much in the way of hops. There were some interesting flavours in there, but overall the syrupy taste overwhelmed them. Just goes to show everyone is different, I guess.

scaredypants

1wg – badger hopping hare is (unsurprisingly) ded hoppy and v nice and was on offer last time I was in

djglover
    Free Member

Its awful. Take an awful oaked chardonnay and then try innis and gunn and you can barely tell the difference. Its little more than flavored alcho pop for the masses IMO

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve been going back on an American beer kick. Samuel Adams, Sierra Nevada, Flying Dog… top stuff

onewheelgood

well, Spitfire was only £1 a bottle so my visit to Sainsbury’s wasn’t entirely wasted.

CountZero

Had a couple of really nice beers at a little festival on Saturday, at the Barge Inn, Honeystreet. Now owned and run by the local community along with the crop circle crowd, as it’s near Alton Barnes, where a lot of formations show up. They do their own beer, Alien Abduction, which is green, and Croppie, which isn’t. Really excellent brews, both of them, just a shame the thirty mile or so round trip makes it an expensive evening’s drink.

NJA

Quite mainstream, but I had a couple of bottles of Ruddles County last night, always hits the spot.

That or Bishops Finger.

Cougar

I thought it was disgusting!

It’s possibly worth noting that there’s different ones (at least three).

lunge

Thornbridge Jaipur, there is nothing finer.

allthegear
    Free Member

This place is just down the road for me – http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/

All sorts in there…

Rachel

tonyd

Banana Beer = Alcopop.

allthepies
    Free Member

Its little more than flavored alcho pop for the masses IMO

+1

Gimmick beer, like the banana bread one 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

lunge – Member
    Thornbridge Jaipur, there is nothing finer.

Well, I beg to differ with that, as Summer Lightning is the finest there is, but Jaipur’s indeed lovely. And available at Waitrose too, which is nice.

Anyone who likes their beer and is in London should check out one of my locals, however – http://www.caskpubandkitchen.com/ Simply the best range of beers (tap and bottle) that I have ever seen. Anywhere. Ever.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Its little more than flavored alcho pop for the masses IMO

Well, HEAVEN FORFEND that a person should like something that a lot of other people do… 🙄

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I liked the Innis and Gunn, drank load of it when i was up it scotchland. Didn’t know you could get it here. will be getting some in to break my lenten ‘fast’

chakaping
    Free Member

Didn’t see the appeal of I&G myself.

Nothing wrong with a decent gimmick beer though, like Badger’s Golden Champion/Glory.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You should all join the MyBreweryTap 52 Week Beer Club.

It’s great – a box of beer sent to your door every few months – some crap, some good, some excellent, but you don’t get to choose what you get so you end up tasting beers you wouldn’t normally get (and all independent local micro/breweries).

Do I get a commission for that?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with a decent gimmick beer though,

’tis the season….

afrothunder88

This place is just down the road for me – http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/

Thanks for reminding me of this place, been meaning to order some of the many Belgian beers I sampled last summer!

Doesn’t have what was probably my favourite though – Duchesse de Bourgogne

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

When I first tried Innis & Gunn I too thought I had tasted perfection. Drank it on and off for a couple of years but now it does seem to be overly sweet. I wonder if it has changed or if I have?

brakes
    Free Member

my local (work local) are currently doing a very refreshing ale called Spring Sprinter – very nice for the current balmy climate
    don’t like Innis & Gunn – far too sweet for anything over a half
    real men drink porter

Travis

Well, I’m about to have a Kirin.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Summer Lightening I thought was very average. There I’ve said it.

When I die, I want to be buired with a case of Sneck Lifter.

http://www.jenningsbrewery.co.uk/beers/beer.aspx?bid=9

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Drink this . . . .

you will not be disappointed!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Ran out of normal beer / money early this month so cracked open a King and Barnes Christmas Ale from 1995! Its bottle conditioned too, so it started off at 6.5%, god knows what it is now! It was really nice and smooth too.
    Was eyeing up my Thomas Hardy’s Ale (1996) and other bottle of Christmas Ale (1994), but managed to restrain myself!
    Both lovely beers, sadly they are no longer brewed and the Breweries closed approx 10 years ago. Shame shame shame!

Holmesey
    Free Member

just stocked up on Black Sheep and Thwaites Wainwright (current favourite)
    both 4 for a Fiver in Tescos

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bigyinn, I have several such vintage bottles in the cellar, just trying to work out when to have them.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I felt guilty drinking it, as they are historical artefacts. Future generations may never get to savor a K&B BC 1995 Christmas Ale and its my fault.
    Oh well.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

BEER PSA!

Currently £1 a bottle in Sainsburys! 8)

GTDave
    Free Member

Chapeau Flashy! </me trundles off to stock up>

scruff
    Free Member

wtf is that green beer ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

scruff – Member
    wtf is that green beer ?

Stonehenge Ales Sign of Spring. Lovely stuff, and am hoping to have a couple in the Malet over the weekend if Noel’s got any on!

Brewed by that loveable loon, Stig at the old Bunces Brewery.

binners

Tsk! You lot is, like WELL GAY

hp_source

Got this from Booths at the weekend, and supped it Tuesday night, nicest bottled beer I’ve had in a while….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Beer’ is closed to new replies.