Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Been Busy today,….Building this!
  • fullbouncebill
    Free Member

Charge Duster TI 16ins frame 24.2lbs

Have been building this up with a mate today,Bleeding the Magura martas onto Goodridge hoses was a pain,but apart from that she went together lovely. 🙂

come on then RIP it Apart!……waits in anticipation.

goog
    Free Member

nice water bottle

Stoner
    Free Member

looks nice, but is the duster OK with such long forks or is it just the perspective of the photo?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fullbouncebill
    Free Member

Cant spray the tank a different colour,its plastic!Yes theres algae on the tarmac,and I pruned the Shrub in October! 🙄

Wookster

Looks lush mate lush!!

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

Your right it does look long in the fork,you can wind the travel down though,(Pace forks)…….so far so good!

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

Lush is good….. cheers! 😆

Dylan08
    Free Member

Great build mate !! 😉

Dylan08
    Free Member

Hell of a recycling bin you got there! 😉

colnagokid

That bottle cage is neat! What make?

theboatman
    Free Member

Very Natty, thumbs up 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

what happened with the logos & valves? oh jeeze!!

colande
    Free Member

i know a good stone wall builder,
    the pointing looks like it needs a bit of attention, 😀

looks lurvly

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

“what happened with the logos & valves? oh jeeze!!”

Not my job,I just did the brakes!!……I shall have words 😳

clareymorris

Bill, what on earth were you THINKING letting Roly get away with those tyre slash valve positions…..I don’t know you any more :-O

Oh, and a big welcome to “Dusty” ;-D

Fishbone
    Free Member

I like it, makes you want to get out and ride!

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

Clarey said

“Bill, what on earth were you THINKING letting Roly get away with those tyre slash valve positions…..I don’t know you any more” :-O

Well i couldent risk breaking a nail, could I?… and the tyres were still covered in his last “roadkill”…at least,thats what they were smelling like!

and dont get me started on the 1.9 pana trailraker on the front,2.1 mud x on the back! 🙄

rolymo
    Free Member

only just got in from the pub……

thanks to gav for helping me finish off the build, bleeding the maguras was a pain to say the least.

the photo has made it look like it has a 29er front wheel with a super odd frame, but the fork is probably a tad long at 130. i can wind it down. it locks down another 50mm on the climbs in any case.

the bottle cage is from cannondale, i think i got it from crc, nice and cheap too – light as a feather. needs low profile bolts or it can obstruct the bottle.

no excuse for the shambolic tyre tyre/logo set up, can only assume that it was down to a late night puncture job and forgot to line them up, i throw myself on your mercy.

taking it out for its first run around ullswater and howtown tomorrow (today) and will get it set up right. i’ll try and get a photo that shows it without weird perspective monkeyness – tyres/valves will be the same, sorry.

ta v much.

pedants note – 2.1 trailraker on front, 2.0 mud-x on rear – grip of the gods and makes numptys like me stay upright in the worst of slop. mostly.

rOcKeTdOg

so you’re going to change your forum name now then?

DezB
    Free Member

S’nice that. What’s them lil’ red things on the cables? link?

rolymo
    Free Member

the lil’ red cable thing are these –

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bontrager/housing-cover-ec008359

CRC and Wiggle do these, but both out of stock at the moment

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=10706

took it over askham, howtown and martindale church. REALLY wet ‘n windy, got blown to a complete halt on the steepest part of the drop down to howtown, then blown off the track completely. rides very well, feels great. the fork has been wound down to 120, it was slightly too long at full stretch.

nickc

Rear mech cable too long, apart from that, looks cool.

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

nice one rolymo,still wouldent run a trail raker on the front though,oh and youve left the rear gear cable end to long……shh I did that job! 😉

rolymo
    Free Member

i saw the light at selkirk. trailraker on rear is slow and a bit over the top – no problem on the front (so far!) ssssssooooooo grippy.

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

Noooo the light at Selkirk was when you fell off!! 😆

oldgit
    Free Member

V Nice, just my sort of bike and nice to see someone being honest about the build weight.

ourmaninthenorth

Slaaaaaaack seat angle.

And get that gopping saddle off it man.

Otherwise, looks nice ‘n’ tidy. And the bike ain’t bad either…!

clareymorris

Ah hummmm – pub, without us?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Been Busy today,….Building this!’ is closed to new replies.