Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • bedgbury
  • bernie
    Free Member

has anyone done the red route round bedgbury latley ? my god is it rooty or what? my poor little giant advanced xtc3 was taking a bashing over those roots 😛

mud-monster
    Free Member

Good fun last week in the frost in the morn mud bath 😆 by the afternoon…
    Anyone about wed's/thurs this week. Me, My Bike and my camper-van are heading that way!!

Chaoswill
    Free Member

Guys, Bedgebury is the only place of interest I go to (live about 20 minutes away). How does it rate against other locations in the South East – and yes, it is a bit 'rooty' in places :D!

mud-monster
    Free Member

cyclepahix mtb club ride every sunday around up and down the north downs nr maidstone in Kent. meet up with them and they will show u…think they have a facebook page.
    Bedgebury is good for the South East. Needs More Hills, Great Single Track.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

How muddy is it around Bedgebury at the moment? Haven't ridden there for over a year but was thinking of heading there this weekend- last time I remember it was suffering a bit – I think there was a post on here about some trail building days there? Anyone know anything about that?

I live near Mereworth – some fun trails round here, but most are gungy beyond belief at the moment. If I don't head for Bedgebury, may head over Ightam Mote way for some more sandy trails.

mud-monster
    Free Member

"Ightam Mote way for some more sandy trails" Not been over there for many years, remember one great downhill, Any single-track?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

The downhill you're thinking of is probably the one down from Bitchet Common/ Wilmot Hill. A few nice sections of singletrack around Oldbury Woods / Seal Chart…. some of it semi-cheeky. Bridleway dropping N from Raspit Hill towards the A25 is good fun.

simon1975

Plenty of mud after xmas when I was down that way, I put that down to the snow that had just about melted at the time – no problems for the Pompino though 🙂

plop_pants
    Free Member

Rode over and did a loop on my cross bike Sunday. It's a perfect circuit for a cross bike with only one short steep bit causing any bother and nothing really bumpy to worry about. There was a nice skin of mud around alot of it but all perfectly ridable on my 30mm tyres. Didn't notice that many roots tbh, just one section not far from the start.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Skinny cross tyres rule in the mud 😀

bernie
    Free Member

I was at bedgbury about 2 weeks ago ,and it was like a mud bath after the snow,but fun 😀

glenncampbell

The red route is quite muddy right now and the spooky woods section is closed as the berms haven't survived winter too well. Only one climb isn't too rideable, the rest of it is good for the time of year! There are some rooty sections to keep you on your toes . . . . . 🙂

The Bedgebury cycling club (boars on bikes) go round on a Saturday at 10am – meet at Quench cycles – if you fancy a ride round with some guys who know the trails well. http://www.boarsonbikes.co.uk for a shameless plug!

mud-monster
    Free Member

Do boars on bike ever do a mid-week night ride would love to tag along?

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Yes! Boarsonbikes do a night ride on a Wednesday evening, starting in the car park by the bike shop at 6.30. We lock the gates to keep your car safe, so make sure you get there before 6.30 or you will be locked out. Keep an eye on the forum at http://www.boarsonbikes.co.uk though as sometimes we have to cancel due to weather or lack of leaders.

Be good to see you there.

Boris

mud-monster
    Free Member

if I get there at 6ish is it still £7.50 to park??
    May ride from village bit skint.

JCornford

Roots! When I last went, granted it was when it was pretty new there wasn't a root in sight and it was way too smooth with lots of gravel, it was to tame so I never bothered going back. Am i missing something then?

mud-monster
    Free Member

JCornford – bit tame if u plod round. but the lap when I really went for it was really good!! with lots of arrrgh I am going to fast into this turn and big grins when you just make it round. fun fun fun! roots and mud helps to make it tricky! 😆

JCornford

No plodding along, trying not to break, drifting the corners was the only way to spice it up when it first opened. It was just way too smooth, but maybe that has changed.

mud-monster
    Free Member

Ruts and mud at the mo.. worth a look, You local?

JCornford

Hastings.

mud-monster
    Free Member

I am Brighton and I think it is worth the drive. Only been going there for last couple of months. bet it is real different in the summer.

Any good trails down your way.?.

cchris2lou

I am near swanley , and Bedgebury is ok for small ride .
    usually go there with family as plenty to do for kids . I have a season car park ticket .

I ll probably go there end of next week .

JCornford

There are no trails down my way, Friston or Bedgebury are the closest, I tend to go to Friston.

bernie
    Free Member

wheres Friston

JCornford

The other side of Eastbourne.

glenncampbell

Mud Monster – the good news is that the night rides have no parking fee – a hidden bonus for members or prospective members, along with free use of the bike wash. Handy for this time of year! Turn up around 6.15-ish, ride starts at 6.30.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘bedgbury’ is closed to new replies.