Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bearings – ebay sellers?
  • el_diablo
    Free Member

I need some pivot bearings for my 5 and also some for my Hope Pro2 free hub.

I need 3 x 6902 and 2 x 6802.

There are loads on ebay at varying prices and I assume quality. Can anyone recommend a decent supplier of quality ones at sensible money??

Thanks

neninja
    Free Member

kaesae on here sells bearings on Ebay – I’ve bought frame and wheel bearings from him

Good quality bearings and excellent service. He’s very knowledgeable about them and will be able to advise on the best options

z1ppy

CRC or UKbikestore for the Hope kit, they use quality bearing for a price that my LBS (local bearing supplier) cannot match.
    Cheap bearings (usually chinese) are not a cost saving, as you’ll end up replacing them again soon.

Otherwise you want a named bearing FAG, SKF, INA (what hope use) or such like.

snowpaul
    Free Member

bearing king off internet – great – use them all the time

paul

el_diablo
    Free Member

Cheers guys, does anyone know kaesae’s Ebay user name?

el_diablo
    Free Member

Bearing King looks good

Budget or SKF for twice the price??

druidh
    Free Member

Email him? I think it’s kaesae(at)blueyonder(dot)co(dot)uk

Or hang around this thread for a while as you’ve already said the magic words 🙂

Edit: ebay is airborne10101

MussEd
    Free Member

Saw it this morning – kae tec maybe?

sv

Good quality bearings and excellent service. He’s very knowledgeable about them and will be able to advise on the best options

Some or all of this may or may not be true!!! 🙂

Yes Katec

RustyMac

This is kease’s sebay shop

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/airborne10101/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

I had a quick look but i didn’t see any listings for pro 2 bearings however i just dropped my Iron horse fame in with him yesterday and i am sure he had some of the pro 2 bearings in stock.

email him on the address that druidh gave above and i’m sure he’ll be able to sort you out, he has really helped me out with my frame.

el_diablo
    Free Member

Cheers guys, I’ve sent him an email.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey, like the other riders are saying the cheepo bearings aren’t really an option as the maintenance time off sets any money saved in the cost of bearings.

Most of the bearings on ebay are ZEN, IBB or IBU so cheap chinesse or cheap european.

You can get good bearings on ebay say INA/FAG or SKF, however I doubt you’ll get them at the same prices I sell them, there aren’t any companies that I know of that take top end bearings remove all the old grease and fill them with expensive grease.

For example a 6902 2rs INA will cost you £8.55 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6902-2RS-61902-2RS-FAG-INA-SEALED-BEARING-15x28x7mm-/310202196033?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item48397de041

I can sell you the same quality of bearing for £10.50 for a pair, I have spent 2 years finding my suppliers and I have negotiated very hard to get bearings at the prices I do.

Considering they are weather proofed and will not rust internally, I doubt you will find better bearings on the market.

Thanksto all the people who recommend me 😀

el_diablo
    Free Member

Nice one,

I’ve emailed you with what I need, so rather than having 2 conversations, let’s stick to the email.

Ant

jenbe
    Free Member

go to youre local bearing factor, any industrial estate will have one….you can get some amazing high quality ones for not a lot, i got some super amazing sealed stainless steel strange alloy ones meant for use in corrosive industrial environments for my old trek , and there still going 5 years later, i sold my bike to my mate and he has pressure washed it and every thing…but they were about £50 each 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

jenbe how many bearings did it run 😯

el_diablo
    Free Member

I’ve ordered some off kaesae now. Hopefully the bearings will be as good as his service and price.

If they are, I’ll be getting more from him in the future, that’s for sure!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bearings – ebay sellers?’ is closed to new replies.