Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bearing Removal On Trek Liquid – Help Needed!
  • Hornet600
    Free Member

What is the best way to remove the bearings from the link arms?
    On the reverse of the link arm (side to push out from) only the inner ring and seal are visible.

coatesy
    Free Member

Rest the arm on a socket(or similar) that’s big enough to fit over the bearing, and use a large drift to knock the old one into the socket. They are usually pretty tight, possibly loctited in,so soaking in boiling water to soften the bond/expand the aluminium is a good idea.

Hornet600
    Free Member

Thanks for that. I have managed to replace the link arm bearings now but can’t remove the main pivot bearings.
    The hex bolt comes undone but the metal sleeve/tube remains through the pivot. Am I missing something here?
    It would appear it needs to slide out, which also means removing the front mech?

coatesy
    Free Member

Been a long time since I last did one, but removing the mech and chainset sounds familiar.I do remember clearly that the bushing had seized-up,and been rotating in the frame for a while, causing the hole to ovalize.Hopefully yours won’t have done the same.

Hornet600
    Free Member

Any ideas on the main bearings?
    The bolt undoes easily but what do you need to get the tube out to release the rear end?

Hornet600
    Free Member

Longer bolt and bigger hammer done the trick! 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bearing Removal On Trek Liquid – Help Needed!’ is closed to new replies.