• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jond.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Beard moisture
  • uwe-r
    Free Member

Have been commuting to work with the new beard recently and noticed that at the end of the ride there is loads of moisture in my beard around by mouth. I think it could be the following:

1, water vapour in my breath condensing on my beard.
    2, my beard is secreting a mystical juice that has the potential to cure diseases or could be refined in to a low carbon fuel.

Your thoughts?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Option 1, mine’s been the same

Olly
    Free Member

Option 1, mine’s been the same

OR, we just doubled our supply of the mystery cure/fuel

FraserHughes
    Free Member

Option 1 unfortunately, as mine does it too. Sometimes it freezes though which is fun 8)

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Your thoughts?

Cut it off – Option 1 or 2 is no longer possible. Cut to the end credits – all live happily ever after.

/thread

maxray
    Free Member

Yes I noticed option 1, especially this morning as it was fekkin baltic!

DrP

Ditto!
    Initially I thought it was snot or dribble, but then remembered I’m not 2 years old….

DrP

boxfish
    Free Member

MrFish is always very impressed when I return home after a cold ride and rub my soggy beard all over her face.
    😈

PiknMix
    Free Member

i was growing a beard, i was so proud of it but wet beard just put me right off, i shaved it today and feel somewhat happier. I miss it a bit.

Woody
    Free Member

Beards are strange things – I always fancy one, then once it is nearly there I remember why I shaved it off last time.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Science – warm breath carrying water vapour from your respiratory tract hits the cold and (ATM) dry air as you breath out and on a bike with oncoming airflow get pushed back into your face but is downward deflected by the ends of you last breath. The condensing water collects on the projecting hairs from ones facial hair 🙂

jond
    Free Member

and when it gets freezing:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-ice-beard-thread

(I’m the one without the wet nose…well, black nose..)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Beard moisture’ is closed to new replies.