Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • BBC2 @ 7pm The adventure Show
  • davy-g
    Free Member

Dougie Vipond is doing a report on the “Strathpuffer”.. lets hope he manages to do more than half a lap that he did last year before he fell off and was rushed to Raigmore Hospital In Inverness… 8)

BikePawl
    Free Member

The good news for Dougie is that he now has the lap record for the puffer, 1 year and running. He didn’t pass the start line again and so his time is still running.

foxyrider
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00fdg4j

Quick video byte 🙂

Nope they have given up this year 🙂

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

Anyone here ever finished that? Do you have to ride the full 24 hours? Or is it a team relay?

epicyclo

It’s solo, teams of 2, or teams of 4. Done it solo 6 times.

Ride as long as you like. They count the laps and your time.

Otherwise it would be a bit silly if someone like myself who is slow could complete the 24 hours and beat someone who had done more laps but pulled out after 15 hours.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Feeling a bit nervous as rather than filming a team from the presenters, one of the teams they followed were me and my pal Roberta riding as The Minx Girls on Ice. Haven’t seen the finished article, so a bit trepidatious about having said something numptyish. The promo clip wasn’t too bad, the up the nostrils on-the-bar-cam shot wasn’t too unflattering…

I’ll take this opportunity to thank Debbie Burton at Minx for furnishing us with our super cool Minx kit 🙂

No autographs please, I’m resting…. 😉

swavis

Nice one Jo. I’ll be watching 8)

epicyclo

jojoA1 – Member
    … Haven’t seen the finished article, so a bit trepidatious about having said something numptyish…

If you can talk sense after doing the ‘Puffer you weren’t trying hard enough 🙂

MrTall
    Free Member

‘Wonders of the Universe’ is on BBC2 at 7pm tonight according to my sky+ guide?

When is the Adventure Show on then?

Edit – Ahhh, BBC2 Scotland. Is that available on Sky like all the regional BBC1 channels?

davy-g
    Free Member

Sky channel 990 for England!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yeh not on Std BBC2 – however it will be on iplayer I expect? or live on iplayer on bbc2 regional?

sharki
    Free Member

Mmmmmmm minxy girlies..xxx

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ooooooooooooh

I like a dirty minx

Diane
    Free Member

Looking forward to it!

devs
    Free Member

You may catch a glimpse of me too. Big ugly beardie on a hot orange 456 Summer Season.

Digger90
    Free Member

Huh?

Sky TV schedule says it’s “Wonders of the Universe” on BBC2 at 7pm?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

yup jus switched it on and its that plastic faced over exposed professor of self publicity I was a rock star you know smug git brian cox. The Jamie Oliver of Science.

Not sure what I think of him 😆

matthew_h
    Free Member

The Adventure Show is Scotland only isn’t it.

Should be on iplayer later on though

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Go Jo!

Course looks nuts.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Looks mental!

foxyrider
    Free Member
    robgarrioch

Pretty good I thought- Jo, you done yoursel’ proud (again).

Still don’t think the event’s on my radar…

ampthill

looks like a great thing to watch on iplayer

devs
    Free Member

Bit of me at the start and getting hosed down with my bike at the end! I suppose that’s all my riding deserved! 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

Just watched it with the two Divas, Pancakes, wine, drams and lots of OMGS!

I think they’re pleased with footage! I am as i looked awesome just standing there…

Diane
    Free Member

😀

jemima
    Free Member

None of me but all three of my team mates got on!

stanfree
    Free Member

Impressive stuff and looks absolute hell . The lad doing 24 laps on his own Is awe Inspiring and well done Jo and Rebecca.

dot
    Free Member

Darn, showed the results for the top 6 pairs, we were 7th 🙄

budgierider67

Well done Jo, that looks mental. Seventeen hour night!? Fair play to the nutter on the rigid singlespeed too :-0

epicyclo

budgierider67 – Member
    …Fair play to the nutter on the rigid singlespeed

Too lazy to do maintenance during the race, I reckon. 🙂

devs
    Free Member

I passed one guy who was doing it on a fixie! He was goosed when I saw him and nae wunner!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Still not on the iplayer – getting annoyed now! The crap cooking programme that’s been on since on 2 is currently available! Discrimenation I tell you! Or maybe the BBC are using Mac’s and it’s all understandable 😉

sharki
    Free Member

I’ve had to watch it 3 times now..

The pause button is borked now on the remote, ah! just like the old days….. 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member
    MrTall
    Free Member

It was also on sky channel 990 (just in case it is repeated at any time) which is BBC Scotland. I never knew i had that channel on sky.

Enjoyed watching it, shame that mountain biking never really translates that well on to TV, it always looks slower and less steep than it really is.

Fair play to all the competitors though. Good bit of TV exposure for Singular Cycles. 🙂

funkynick

Just watched it iPlayer… looked rather mad… but is there something wrong with me for thinking it also looked like fun?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It is fun and mad at the same time. Great atmosphere and camaraderie. I have been support crew twice and “raced” as a soloist once. I doubt I will enter again but to do it once was great.

devs
    Free Member

It is fun and I’m going to do it again next year providing I get a place!

ourmaninthenorth

Darn, showed the results for the top 6 pairs, we were 7th

Yep, noticed that. Still, you and Tricky had a great ride to finish 7th..!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘BBC2 @ 7pm The adventure Show’ is closed to new replies.