Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • BBC iPlayer, fullscreen view to tv, techy question.
  • drumon

I have succeeded sending iPlayer output to TV with S-video cable. Its great.

I want to refine the setup though. I am using Windows XP.
    Is it possible to set up iPlayer, or whichever internet browser you use to show it, to only send the "fullscreen" output to the TV? So I can fiddle and find the program on the laptop display (not the tv screen), but then simply click "fullscreen" in iPlayer to see it on tv?

Am i asking too much

ji
    Free Member

Laptops have an extended desktop setting that can display across two monitors, with different things on each. Many desktops will have similar – this might work for you?

drumon

Brill.

So where do I go from here to find that? think I know what you mean, just need to find it and set a profile or something….. 😕

Flaperon

Probably not. With most computers it's possible to route overlay content (that's typically digital video) to another output. So you can set up your second output resolution etc, and have your DVD player output sent there.

Unfortunately, the BBC iPlayer uses Flash to show the video and as far as I know, this isn't likely to be supported.

Possible workaround: download the content and play it through Windows Media Player, which will probably work. If it's an nVidia graphics card, there are loads of settings in the nVidia control panel for doing things like this.

GrahamS

Are you just using the streaming web version of iPlayer, or the iPlayer Desktop version?

drumon

streaming version….

GrahamS

Usually you just want to set up the laptop to use both displays as the desktop. Then you can open the browser on your laptop display, find the appropriate programme, then drag the browser window onto the TV and press full screen.

Typically you activate dual display by holding down the blue Fn key on the keyboard and pressing the one that has a picture of the laptop screen and the TV on it (in blue), usually F5, F7 or sometimes F9.

You could also consider just using the iPlayer Big Screen Interface which will make it easier to browse on your telly.

Drac

Listen to GrahamS he is speaking sense, that's all I've done well my PS3 is currently boxed. Damn decorating.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘BBC iPlayer, fullscreen view to tv, techy question.’ is closed to new replies.