Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • BBC and the DEC Appeal
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Disagreeing with ‘the point of the argument’ is entirely different to ‘missing the point’.

But you’re right about it going nowhere – I feel as if I’m arguing with someone about whether the Earth is flat or not.

Have you got some sort of misplaced loyalty because perhaps you consider yourself to be ‘Jewish’, which might a explain your attempts defend something which is so clearly indefensible ?

If so, then I’m clearly wasting my time – although just remember that plenty of Jews are appalled by the BBC’s decision.

nickc

DEC

Ernie, you last post is childish. Clearly we have a different point of view. Whether I agree with the views of the DEC, the Palestinians, The Israelis, Sky News or the BBC, is irrelevant, I have just tried to explain why I think the news organisations have taken the decisions they have.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I have just tried to explain why I think the news organisations have taken the decisions they have.

I’m not really interest in why you “think” the BBC have taken the decisions they have (Sky News is irrelevant – they just followed the BBC lead)

I was much more interested in finding out why you might have thought that they were right. Unfortunately you appear to have been completely unable to provide any convincing arguments, and have instead relied on deflection and diversionary tactics ranging from dismissive statements of “missing the point” and “this is going nowhere”, to references of me being “naive” and “childish”.

I’ve got no problem with that btw, just follow it up with some sort of argument ffs.

But hey, wtf let’s forget it 😕

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Do you know what ernie? I couldn’t give a flying fvck what anyone in the Gaza Strip or The West Bank, or Hebron or The Golan Heights or Jerusalem “thinks” of the BBC. Do you know why? Because it’s our BBC. We pay for it and we want it to be impartial. To use your own terminology, I can’t seriously believe you would think that the BBC should show a DEC advertisement a matter of days after a very shaky ceasefire in one of the most politically explosive conflicts in recent times…just after the ten o’clock news, showing almost identical pictures to those being shown in the footage just minutes before.

It is up to the international community in whatever form it takes to condemn and sanction the Israelis for their actions in recent weeks, not that I have any faith that it will. Nevertheless, it is not up to the BBC to do it. Your inference that SKY were taking the same line because of Murdoch’s mothers jewery was, even for you, a fairly wild accusation; not that I’d ever defend Murdoch.

In fact, I say fvck it, lets have no charity ads on the BBC at all. Plenty of charity is politically and religiously motivated (with the exception of your beloved Red Cross…hmmm, where did that cross come from, anyway….moving on…) so why should our license fee go to pay for their ads? I have enough of being chugged walking down the street on a Saturday, I don’t want the BBC shoving it down my throat after the news. Anyway, what’s the panic? The DEC have got more publicity out of this than they could ever have wished for.

Philby

Let’s just not have any news programmes on TV then is that is your argument, as by implication all news can be interpreted as having a bias by one party or other!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well I’m glad that you “couldn’t give a flying fvck what anyone in the Gaza Strip or The West Bank, or Hebron or The Golan Heights or Jerusalem “thinks” of the BBC” deadlydarcy.

And I’m not too bothered either. Nickc on the other hand appears to be somewhat concerned – if I haven’t missed the point that he’s trying to make.

But yes I think that the appeal should have been shown. And if you feel that strongly about it, you must have been gutted when it was shown on all the other terrestrial channels.

I made no ‘inference’ about SKY News other than the fact that the owner of the Channel probably has a right to Israeli nationality – something which I think is rather pertinent, wouldn’t you agree ?

Your inference that the International Committee of the Red Cross is, quote, “religiously motivated” is absurd and ridiculous.

Anyway, what’s the panic? The DEC have got more publicity out of this than they could ever have wished for.

Where did you get the “panic” thing from ? Disapproving of a decision which the Director Gen of the BBC has made does not constitute “panicking”.

And you’re right, the DEC have got more publicity out of this than they could ever have wished for.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘BBC and the DEC Appeal’ is closed to new replies.